PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

I NEED ADVISE PLZ #FOX

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Mrscline4312

I NEED ADVISE PLZ #FOX

Postby Mrscline4312 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:32 am

Tonight i took in a silver fox (so i am told) i rescue animals all the time so ppl know to come to me when it needs help/home/foster/bottle fed ect.
Well a woman told me she bought it from a breeder day before yesterday thinking it would be cool to have then her bf told her hell no, hed kill it, it has to go...i got a message from a friend and set up a time to go get the little guy. Also told he was born april 1st, only making him 5wks old. (illegal to rehome before 8wks) but i couldnt NOT help..its a curse lol
Ive rescued so many diff type of animals but never a fox so its a first to me
ANYWAYS i kno what to feed and i do have him on some formula w his food
Ive been doing some research on what they are like as pets and i plan on keeping him
I used to have racoons i helped out and rehabilitated so i also kno the laws in my city n state n the required permit needed, so i am all good there.
Tonight he wondered round my house, falling me off n on and then exploring
I slightly introduced him to my dogs and cats (but not too much bc i learned that i want him to bond w me -or my fiance- first and foremost) **plz correct me if i am misled there**
The only issue that came up tonight is how he is while eating, idk if the girl i got him from only fed him so often n he thinks its his to protect or if hes jus being the fox he is lol
So the advise needed is what is the best way to get him none food aggressive w my fiance and I?
Also what do you guys do for potty training. Right now i am working on a litter box bc hes so tiny
Thanks so much for yalls time!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*--GODDESS__**
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I NEED ADVISE PLZ #FOX

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue May 08, 2018 3:17 am

Weird your attachments seem to just be white spots like pixels.

He is just being a red fox kit(though the following is true of arctics too). In the wild the kits kill each other in the den and only some of them live to reach the surface, being food aggressive is part of surviving that. He may always be food aggressive and possessive to some degree, especially if he thinks it's special, but it should lesson with age, and proper handling and training can help. If he's too bad you can start by giving him everything on a large spoon with a long handle and work up to hand feeding him everything. Eventually you might be able to feed him by placing food in his bowl a bit at a time or you could find he's just one of the more possessive foxes and give him his food and let him eat in peace but being he's young it's best to try as it makes life easier.
Mrscline4312

Postby Mrscline4312 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:56 am

Can u see these pics?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*--GODDESS__**
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue May 08, 2018 4:09 am

Yes those worked. Cute.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”