ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

I'm a new member Carol P

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

carolard

I'm a new member Carol P

Postby carolard » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Hello, My name is Carol P. I have a domesticated red fox. His name is Arsi. He is the second Domesticated Fox from the Institute of Cytology in Siberia shipped to the US. Anya is the first Domesticated Fox from Siberia. Kay, Anya's owner told me about this website and I was interested and wanted to be involved. Arsi's been with us almost 3 months. He is about 1 1/2 years old. He's use to his new home and knows my husband Robert and I fairly well. A few weeks ago he swallowed a piece of a Webbed Kong Ball, like the one posted recently. He had the piece removed and is doing well. That taught me several things I need to pay attention too. New toys and to watch closely and supervise all toys. They are like toddlers about putting things in the mouth, especially while their still young. I'm learning about him weekly. I will enjoy sharing and being able to reach out to others with pet foxes for information that might help me be a better pet owner. :happyfox:
Splashstorm

Re: I'm a new member Carol P

Postby Splashstorm » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:30 pm

Welcome to the forums! That's so cool that you got a domesticated fox! We would LOVE pictures! :)
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
carolard

Postby carolard » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:44 pm

I will post a picture of Arsi soon. just took some pic.s today.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:13 pm

Oh welcome! I'm excited to hear about him and see his pictures!
I'm glad you joined. You'll like it here. :mrgreen:
zebrafox

Postby zebrafox » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Yay carol!!! Its me Kay ;) I'm so glad you joined
I hope you find this forum to be as helpful and informative as I have

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
carolard

Postby carolard » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Here is a picture of Arsi in the back yard on his cable run. He loves to run back and forth and chase toys I throw to him. Does not retrieve and bring back to me yet. Work in Progress. Talk again soon!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:51 am

Awee gotta love the classic fox red!
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
lavenderlilac

Postby lavenderlilac » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:38 am

That's so exciting that you have one of the domesticated foxes! There are some you tube videos I watch that seem like they may be from Russia and they say they got their fox from a "fur farm" and I always wonder if it's possible it might be one of the domesticated foxes because they do such extraordinary things. I am so anxious to hear all your experiences with Arsi! I know he will be a joy for you!
I am so glad Arsi is doing alright. Can I ask you about the toy? How did you know he had swallowed it? I have several large dogs and watching what they get a hold of and EAT is a CONSTANT worry with me. My doberman has swallowed things several times and we were very close to him having to have surgery once. What symptoms did Arsi have that made you realize he had swallowed something?
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:13 am

Welcome. And that's awesome that you were able to get a domestic fox. ^^
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule

Return to “INTRODUCTION”