ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Newbie Here! :P

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Jabuticaba

Newbie Here! :P

Postby Jabuticaba » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Well, Hullo. Just call me JaBu, it'll be easier than memorizing my name.
I'm 14, and in Maryland, and over this summer vacation, I just spontaneously thought to myself, if I had an exotic animal, what would it be? And so, I thought about it, and my first requirement was something that would not kill me, obviously xD

Then, eliminating animals here and there, I arrived at a conclusion.

Why not a fox?

So I did a bunch of research, like always. I always do very extensive research on a pet before I get it, learning everything I can. As I was doing the research, I knew that this was only theoretical, and I wouldn't actually get a fox, I was just researching for fun. But, something changed, the more I found out about the fox, the more I grew to like and identify with him. I grew so attached to the animal, that my favoritism towards it proceeded my previous affinity with the Snow Leopard.

I now love the fox, with all it's faults. I dream of moving out of Maryland and owning one someday. Even if it takes years and a lot of determination, I will do what it takes to get to spend some time with this beautiful animal.

I understand that even though I've been doing months of extensive research, I can never learn enough, and so, I will keep it up in my free time until the day of my future fox's arrival.

I like to imagine what it'd be like to meet the breeder of my fox. They'd ask, "Are you prepared to have this animal in your home? Have you researched it thoroughly?"

And that will be the day when I'll reply, "Sir, I've done about 26 years worth of research, I hope that is enough to prepare me."

And even then, I will know that no amount of research will ever compare to having one in your presence.

I'm so nerdy about the fox. For starters I'd probably get a Grey Fox, or a Swift. I've heard their better for first-time fox owners. But I'd really like a Red or a Grey C:
caninesrock

Re: Newbie Here! :P

Postby caninesrock » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Welcome to the board. There are plenty of fox people here and fox owners that can give you good info and advice. ^^
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Welcome! Swifts are my fox of choice, followed by reds. But I can't get a swift in my state, as they aren't native here (rabies law).

I'm glad you're actually putting in so much research! You wouldn't believe how many people show up here thinking they know EVERYTHING and demand us to tell them where they can get a kit, and it MUST be NOW. When kits are born in the spring. :roll: Most of your questions have probably been answered already, so be sure to check out past threads before posting a bunch of questions for us to answer! Image But we're still happy to answer questions again if you can't find something.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:40 pm

Hello, and welcome! This is an excellent place to learn about foxes. :)

It sounds like you've been doing all of your researched. That's an excellent start. It'll be great for you to ask some questions and hear about peoples' experiences with their own foxes.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:59 pm

Welcome to the forums! :D It's great hearing about a young person who's willing to learn as much as possible about an animal before adopting it! I'm sure you'll be more than ready for your fox when you're old enough to get one.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
Jabuticaba

Postby Jabuticaba » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Thanks everyone :D I'm really glad I found Sybil's Den.
American Shorthair Calico Cat - Olivia
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:22 pm

Yeah, this is a great exotic pet site! I don't think there's any other like it.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage

Return to “INTRODUCTION”