PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

New with animal questions! Facts and opinions welcome!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

caninesrock

Re: New with animal questions! Facts and opinions welcome!

Postby caninesrock » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Splashstorm wrote:Sarajeku, there's Echo all grown up! >___<

Echo's still got a lot of growing to do. She said he's 9 weeks there,not 9 months. So, really he's still just a young pup,no where near being all-grown up.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:32 pm

I think splashstorm was referring to Sage looking similar to Echo.. icon_confused.gif
Splashstorm has been following Echo since I got him at barely 6 weeks, so she knows exactly how old he is.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:23 pm

sarajeku wrote:I think splashstorm was referring to Sage looking similar to Echo.. icon_confused.gif
Splashstorm has been following Echo since I got him at barely 6 weeks, so she knows exactly how old he is.

Oh,maybe. They aren't the same color though. Echo is like a tan color in the pictures and Sage is a gray color.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:28 pm

Thank you captain obvious. I needed someone to tell me the color of my own dog. See my comment about Echo and sage above, in the post where I put up a picture of him.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:30 pm

sarajeku wrote:Thank you captain obvious. I needed someone to tell me the color of my own dog. See my comment about Echo and sage above, in the post where I put up a picture of him.

Huh? You didn't say anything about the colors of them? icon_confused.gif

sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:38 pm

Exactly. I didn't mention the colors because their colors weren't the same and aren't relevant. It's the physical features that were relevant.
w0lfygirl

Postby w0lfygirl » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:56 am

@sarajeku and caninesrock
You guys are crazy :P no idea why that made me laugh so much.
"pop"
~~~~~~~~

Personally i don't really like many exotics, well i like them but nearly all of them are just things i couldn't see myself living with or keeping as pets because they're not much to my taste.
I've always wanted a fox or wolfdog as well, so we can agree there. I used to want a tiger but they seem so difficult and it's clearly much harder to keep nosy and rude neighbors away from your house.
Good luck on finding the exotic for you, and welcome to the board!
The smallest things in life can make the biggest changes, even when we don't realize it.
Mr.Winchester

Postby Mr.Winchester » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:07 pm

I'm currently living with a young fox (and a dog, and a hedgehog) in an apartment. I manage him by giving him a "safe room"--my living room. I also have a dog kennel for him but I don't like to use it, although I know foxes can be kennel trained. He is mostly litter box trained, but he pees when he's excited, like when I come home and he hasn't seen me for a while. I know that he will probably grow out of that when he has more control of his bladder. I take him for walks a couple times a week with my dog for exercise and give him tons of toys to entertain himself with. Even though I don't have an outdoor enclosure *yet* he seems extremely happy with his situation. I guess I wouldn't recommend keeping a fox in your house 24/7, but I'm just letting you know that it can be done.
Image Tied to tree while I'm at the beach.
ImageHedgehogs are also fabulous exotics. I bought this little guy for my brother for christmas last year, but I have him for the winter. They originate from Africa so they don't like to get too cold, but I heard they hibernate if it does get cold. You could also get it a heating lamp or just give it lots of bedding to make a nest with. Cocomo here has a high protein diet of mealworms and wet cat food mostly, but I give him dry hedgehog food too and things like scrambled eggs. He loves to be held or sleep in your pocket.
kodacakes

Postby kodacakes » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:01 pm

I've heard and read about people that kept foxes in apartments. I've always wondered about the aspects of it. I know clrsac foxes are a bit different than arctic and red foxes. I'm not particularly interested in fennec foxes so I've never really considered them.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:09 pm

@sarajeku:I know you weren't referring to the colors. I was talking about being confused that Splash said that Sage looked like Echo grown up.
I know you know the color of your own dog. XD

@Winchester: Adorable fox and hegdehog. I used to plan for a fox until I found out they were illegal here. Then I decided I wanted a wolfdog more though and they are legal.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Splash posted that in response to Sara's post saying they have a lot of similarities in looks.

African hedgehogs do not hibernate like their northern counter parts. They can go into a similar state called torpor that can kill them.

She likely wont grow out of the peeing when excited. Ashes fox still does it and he's a couple years old I think. Reds do litter train better than others like fennecs or arctics. But for every one that works out in an apartment there is a large number that do not. You are lucky that the owner of your apartment is family. There is normally a lot of smell and destruction when having a red inside full time.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Oh. I didn't realize. I thought I saw that Splash posted first. My bad.

Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Yeah it's alright caninesrock. Lol.. -__-"

@Mr. Winchester, your fox and hedgehog are so cute!! I love the way your fox's face looks. (:
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage

Return to “INTRODUCTION”