PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hi there!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Cowgrl101

Hi there!

Postby Cowgrl101 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi! My name is Lacey and I was introduced to Sybil by my boyfriend Colton(realtree1). I am 18 yrs old and i am a college freshman. I am hoping to be a vet tech and eventually a large animal vet. I have a cat named Duke that has already made his appearance on the domestic cat board. I also kinda share all of Colton's dogs, a mini Aussie, daschund, chihuahua, pomeranian, and the three blue tick coin hounds. I have had about 5 years experience with horses and even have leased a lovely horse named Comanche. However, he was sold last year. I am currently taking riding lessons and enjoying them a lot. I hope to gain some pet knowledge because I am not sure what dogs I would be good with for example. Anyway, I'm really excited to join all of you!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi there!

Postby Ash » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Hello, and welcome! We're glad to have you here. We've enjoyed hearing about Realtree's pets, and I'm sure you could offer a new perspective. :icon-wink:

Hope you enjoy it here and learn lots. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Cowgrl101

Postby Cowgrl101 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Thank you and it is definitely always interesting at his house!
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Welcome! c: Good luck in college!
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
Cowgrl101

Postby Cowgrl101 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:13 pm

Thank you! It's definitely challenging!
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 pm

I bet it is. :D I wanted to be a vet tech originally but I knew I wouldn't pass the math part of it.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

ImageImage
Cowgrl101

Postby Cowgrl101 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:02 pm

I'm not on my math yet, but I'm sure it's gonna take a lot of work. Gen Ed's are just annoying right now.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:13 pm

How long do you have to do you gen ed classes?

ImageImage
Cowgrl101

Postby Cowgrl101 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Lol idk. And it's my first semester of college so they are kinda all gen Ed's
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:22 am

Welcome. I took an Intro to Vet Tech hands-on class in high school and loved it,but I didn't continue on because I knew I couldn't handle the blood and stuff in the higher level classes. The first level was just trimming nails, bathing the animals, giving them shots, and things like that.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:50 am

Splashstorm wrote:How long do you have to do you gen ed classes?

Here, they were 2 years.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:40 pm

I have to take 2 years of general classes first too, before getting into Moorpark. :P Sucks. I guess it's common for prereqs to be 2 years.

@Caninesrock, omg your HIGH SCHOOL had a vet school like that?!! I'm soooo jealous!!!

ImageImage
Realtree1

Postby Realtree1 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:12 pm

I wish my school had an intro to vet tech class!!
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:11 am

@Realtree and Splashstorm: Yep. We also had an Animal Science Class (Mostly about farm animals and livestock) that I took, a Wildlife Management class(about hunting, fishing,and other issues having to do with wild animals), and Canine Science(a class about canines). I took all those classes,but the Vet Tech one was the only hands-on one. All of those classes were taught by the same teacher. She was my favorite teacher in high school. I loved all her classes.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:59 pm

O_O Wowoww. What school did you go to? The most "hands-on" class we ever had was biology where we dissected animals for like, 1 week. lol. The only other time I had anything even remotely close to learning about animals was in 4th grade for like, 1 or 2 weeks.

ImageImage

Return to “INTRODUCTION”