PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Greetings from Northwesten Ohio

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Yume_Kitsune

Greetings from Northwesten Ohio

Postby Yume_Kitsune » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:58 am

Hello,
I am Yume Kitsune which is Japanese for The Dream Fox
(I'm always bad at intros but lets do this lol)

I am 19 years old right now, and i have wanted a red fox since i was 12. when i was 13 i decided that after i got done middle/high school i would get one, that way i would be able to have a job and take care of it, but when i was almost 17 (11th grade) i was looking at costs of living and how much it would cost to build its cage, and decided i had better wait until i become more financially stable, and i have regular work hours (i can be scheduled to start work anywhere from 6am to 7pm right now)

I plan on getting a second job soon, and all that money from the second job will be going into a savings account so i can put a down payment on a house and get all the necessary supplies for the fox

Right now i am looking at 4-5 years before i get a red fox, and that is if nothing goes wrong.

My parents have offered to get me one, but i want to wait because the foxes needs go above what i want

Though, it feels like the day is never going to come lol
but until that day comes i will continue to dream and surround myself with fox memorabilia.

i have more stuff but i dont want to spam pictures, and since its 12am i dont want to move everything for a group pict
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Greetings from Northwesten Ohio

Postby sarajeku » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Oh my gosh I ADORE your bedspread! Where did you find it?!?!? I want one.
Yume_Kitsune

Postby Yume_Kitsune » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:06 pm

i got mine from amazon
www.amazon.com/Plush-Raschel-Queen-Supe ... 004T566EG/

the blanket is queen sized, but my bed is a single so a lot of the blanket is hanging off both the sides.

the pillows were just something that i bought the square fabric for and sewed together.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Hello, and welcome! I too love your bedspread. And those little stuffed foxes are so cute!

It sounds like you have a really good plan and you know what you want. And who knows, maybe you'll find yourself in a good situation sooner than later.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:20 pm

Welcome. I like your room. I have a wolf bed spread and pillows kind of like how you have your fox bed spread. I've also read that book (A Taste for Rabbit). It was good book even though I'm not usually into anthro(humanized) animals.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Omg, love your little knicknacks. You seem obsessed with red foxes! XD
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:04 pm

As hard as it is to wait, you're doing the right thing. Any pet is a long term investment,not just of money, but time,love,care and a bunch of other things. Too many of us lose track of that and its always the pet that suffers. It may take a little while, but you are obviously going to get where you need to be to really enjoy your future. I'm maybe a little jealous of your ability to stick to your plan. Anyway, welcome and keep up the good work.
Yume_Kitsune

Postby Yume_Kitsune » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 pm

@Ash
thanks, my parents got me my first two, then my little sister got me a third one, and after that i started collecting the ones that i liked. also i hope your right :)

@caninesrock
I have a coworker who also likes wolves, she has a winged wolf tattoo on her shoulder. I found the book on amazon, i often search amazon for random fox things and fictional books. The book was good but its but one of my favorites, though one shelf above it had like all the Warriors books (by Erin Hunter) lol.

@splashstorm
haha my friends say the same thing, i even have a fox crossing sign ( http://cherbeardecor.com/images/fox_crossing.jpg ) that i plan to hang in my yard when i do own my own place (even before i get a fox) When i was in japan one of the things i wanted to see was an Inari Shrine, and i got a protection charm there.

@Trefoil
thanks :) the fun part (well before i actually get the fox) will be building it's cages. i take after my dad in the fact i love to build things by hand. so that should help pass time when it comes closer to when i feel everything is settled to own a fox.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:21 pm

I'm too much of a wuss to get a tattoo. I hate pain. XD I loved Warriors when I was in middle school. I liked the original series and the first 3 books of the 2nd series plus the Graystripe mangas, Ravenpaw mangas, and Firestar's Quest Super Edition. I didn't much care for the last half of the second series, any of the third series as I only read one and a half books of it before getting bored and dropping it, and I haven't read the 4th series. I pretty much only loved any of the books that were about either Graystripe, Ravenpaw, Firestar, Cloudtail, Stormfur, or Brambleclaw as those were my favorite characters. As for fox books, have you ever read the series "Animals of Farthing Wood"? It has foxes as the main characters in some of the books. The writing style is a little dull to me,but the concept is interesting. It also has an animated tv series of it too. My favorite is the second season as its' all about the foxes. The tv series is much better and less dull than the books in my opinion.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:36 pm

I've never gotten a tattoo because I deal with enough needles already. I don't want to subject myself to more. But I starting wanting a coyote tattoo within the past year or so. And now, after what happened to my brother, I've got one ready. I just can't afford it yet. I have other things that demand my money.

This is probably a stupid question, but have you read Foxes of Firstdark? My book is called Hunter's Moon, but the title varies with the publisher/country.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:44 pm

sarajeku wrote:I've never gotten a tattoo because I deal with enough needles already. I don't want to subject myself to more. But I starting wanting a coyote tattoo within the past year or so. And now, after what happened to my brother, I've got one ready. I just can't afford it yet. I have other things that demand my money.

This is probably a stupid question, but have you read Foxes of Firstdark? My book is called Hunter's Moon, but the title varies with the publisher/country.

You could always get a temporary or Henna(sp?) coyote tattoo. That's what I do when I get tattoos. Me too. I hate needles. I have to get my bloodwork done every few months because I have a thyroid problem.

As for the fox book, I'm not sure if you're asking me or the OP,but nope I haven't read it. I vaguely remember seeing it on Amazon though under the title of Hunter's Moon.

sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:53 pm

I was asking the OP.

I'm not really a fan of henna. I don't like the look of it, and if I want something like that, I want to make it something that means something to me, and it will be the real thing. And yeah, I just got diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus and while in the middle of a big flare and I'm still sick, lots of blood work and lots of needles. This was the blood tests they ran while diagnosing me.
I'm linking here because I don't want to post blood in case someone is squeamish. I wish I had taken a picture of my arm the next day. I was bruised all up my arm. :red-face:
If we can beat this flare into remission, then I'll be fine for a while.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:59 pm

sarajeku wrote:I was asking the OP.

I'm not really a fan of henna. I don't like the look of it, and if I want something like that, I want to make it something that means something to me, and it will be the real thing.

Oh. I kind of figured you were asking the OP,but I wasn't sure or not,so I answered anyway. I haven't really compared the differences between the two. I guess I never really thought there was much of a diffrence between henna and real tatoos except that real tattoos cause pain to get. Aren't Henna tatoos permanent too or am I mistaken? I agree the temporary ones are kind of meaningless though as they usually wash right off after a couple of showers.

Yume_Kitsune

Postby Yume_Kitsune » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:12 pm

@caninesrock and sarajeku

needles don't bother me, i give blood when i can, so i was thinking about getting a tattoo of a fox sitting on a wooden fence.

also i havent read either of those books/series, i have heard of the animals of farthing wood, but not the foxes of first dark so i will have to check them out sometime.

Henna tattoos only last a few weeks. but i was thinking about getting one if they ever have a person that has the kanji for fox (Kitsune 狐) though i often see the kanji for dream (Yume 夢)

@sarajeku

i wish you luck and i wish that good health comes to you soon.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:01 pm

That sounds like a neat tattoo. You should also check out the tv series of Animals of Farthing Wood even if you end up not liking the book series because it's different than the books. You have to get the books online on like Amazon.com or something because they were only released in the UK and the tv series was only released in the Uk,but you can watch the entire series on Youtube.
Oh I didn't know that about Henna tattoos. They still last longer than temparory tattoos that you can get at like fairs and things though. And you mentioning foxes and dreams reminded me that I read this graphic novel called Sandman:The Dream Hunters that was about a fox who disguised herself as a human and fell in love with a human man. It has some adult content though,so I don't know if you're ok with that.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”