ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Hi from NE Ohio!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Larien

Hi from NE Ohio!

Postby Larien » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi everyone! I've been lurking here a while, (I've read probably every fox related thread at least twice lol) and decided to introduce myself since come spring I hope to be able to acquire a fox.

I'm Larien, I'm 26, I live in Northeast Ohio, I own a small business I run from home, and my passion has always been animals. Right now I have dogs, cats, parrots, geckos, an iguana, a boa constrictor, two hedgehogs (I am a very small scale hobby breeder) and I also own four horses: two quarter horses and two miniatures. And, a pet pig in the house!

My expertise lies primarily in horses and dogs, I used to work as a trainer at my animal shelter, and I have been in the saddle since I could walk lol, I've trained problem horses, and I'm a competitive barrel racer with my gelding, Rocket. Unfortunately a few moths ago he fell in the pasture and severed his DDF tendon, ending his career. I'm heartbroken, and next year I'll be actively seeking a new barrel horse, though I wish I didn't have to. :( One of my minis is also periodically up for stud, as he has won several shows and has an excellent pedigree. They're my babies, I've owned them since they were three months old, they're adorable.

So if anyone here ever needs horse or dog help (especially German shepherd dog help! - these guys need about as much research as foxes!) I'm your girl :D

My conundrum is this: I've been researching foxes for YEARS, since I saw a spot on TV about the Russian foxes. Foxes are my all time favorite animals, so I was thrilled at the prospect of owning one. The problem is that I'm moving to Nashville- and from what I've read, I can't have a red there, only an arctic. Now, I'm experienced enough with animals and exotics and have read and researched enough that I know I can properly maintain one, but I'd really prefer a domestic red or a tame one from a breeder. I emailed the TN wildlife people asking directly if I could have a tame fox as a pet, but they want me to call them and I haven't yet, because I'm worried about the answer lol. I don't know if I'll be there or still in NE Ohio in spring yet, because I don't know if the house I want will work out or not, and even still it'll be a couple of months at least before I could move... Because Mandy is so close by and tiny tracks next door, it'd have been so great if I could get a red either shipped there in spring or bring it with me depending on where I am then.

Anyway I'm wondering if they'd allow a domestic Siberian fox, I'm going to explore that... That is my ultimate dream, but the price is so high, and I need at least 10,000 reserved for a new horse. (Although a few nice payouts on the right horse could pay for the fox lol!). So I'll just have to see what TN tells me, otherwise it's going to be an arctic adventure for me!

Sorry that turned out so long! Anyway it's great to meet you guys and I look forward to learning even more about beautiful foxes, especially the ones you guys have, so many beauties! Thanks!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi from NE Ohio!

Postby Ash » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Hello, and welcome! It's great to have you here. It sounds like you have a lot of experience with animals. I'm super jealous that you have an iguana. I just love them and I'd love to have one.

I would love to hear more about your reptiles and dogs. I like German Shepherds and I'm always interested in learning more about them.

Anyway, I hope you make yourself at home. It's always great to have new people.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:34 am

Welcome. ^^ I love the Shepherd dog breeds. ^^
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:48 am

Welcome to the forums! Glad you finally decided to join. So sorry about your horse. :(
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage

Return to “INTRODUCTION”