PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hello from New Hope, PA - I raise turkeys, peafowl, and emus

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

birdboypa

Hello from New Hope, PA - I raise turkeys, peafowl, and emus

Postby birdboypa » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:59 pm

I also have Mute Swans, Geese, Guineafowl, Sheep, Goats, Mini-donkeys, and a pet cow. In the past, I've also kept pigs, alpacas, finches, parrots, and raised a Starling from a chick who learned to be a great talker. Beekeeper too.

I remember wanting a pet raccoon when I was a kid. That's what brought me to this site. I've spent the last couple hours reading about raccoons and black bears on here. Looking forward to learning more !!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from New Hope, PA - I raise turkeys, peafowl, and

Postby Ash » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Hello, and welcome! I'm super interested in beekeeping and I'd like to learn more about it. I would love to see some pictures of your peafowl if you have time to post them. Do you have different colors of peafowl?

You'll definitely learn a lot here. It's a good place to do your research.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:23 am

Welcome to the forums. (: Wow, that's a whole lot of animals!!!
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:16 am

Welcome to the forum
birdboypa

Postby birdboypa » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:42 am

THanks for the welcomes. Right now I have 11 regular India Blue peafowl, 2 whites, and one "Black-shoulder" female. Two of my blues carry a recessive white gene, so every year a few of their offspring are all white. I used to have a Cameo (light tan) male, but when he was 3-years old he turned white and went blind. That kind of turned me off on the odd-colored varieties. That said, I would be interested in getting Pied or Spaldings.

I'll have to figure out how to post some photos on here. My emu just laid her first egg of the season.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:56 am

Welcome to the forum. ^^

And sorry about your tan peacock. :(
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:35 pm

Welcome bird- If you ever have reason to have your birds in the house, a coon is not a good choice. They can unlock doors and have seeming endless patience when it comes to getting where you don't want them. And I, at least, have never been able to convince a coon to live & let live when it comes to "prey" animals. Aside from that and a few other minor details they make great pets. I also have peas & guineas, chickens,ducks,geese, & a turkey. Pictures would be great.
Juska

Postby Juska » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:45 pm

I've been to New Hope several times! I love it there, except for the parking :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your feathered friends!

You can use a photo uploading site like Photobucket, then paste the "forum" code into a post, or you can use the forum's own uploader to attach your pictures to your post. Personally I like Photobucket better because then you can see the whole picture in the person's post.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Nicophorus

Postby Nicophorus » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi there, I had peafowl but had to sell them because they would wander off my property and the neighbors did not like that. I have one pet Emu that is bonded to me, would love to get him a female someday.

We have a lot of the same kind of animals actually. Lucky you being so close to exotic auctions.
veralidaine

Postby veralidaine » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:42 pm

I would also love to see pics of the peafowl, and of the mute swans as well. I'm interested in eventually having some of both of those species when I have my acreage. I've heard swans can be pretty nasty and vicious though. Do you find you can approach your swans?

Return to “INTRODUCTION”