PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hello all!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

QuiggyQuen

Hello all!

Postby QuiggyQuen » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:30 am

Hello, I'm excited to find this forum/site! It's been very difficult for me to find reliable/true/practical websites on exotic animals, but this definitely makes the list icon-smile . I'm QuiggyQuen, I'm currently a college student in the South East U.S. I don't have any exotic animals at the moment, but I'm hoping to find the perfect one in the near future--I'm still debating species right now.

My current menagerie is home to Quenya and Tory (Kelpie x and Pug), Raven and Feather (DSH cats), Qui-Gon (Flemish Giant), Min-Young (American Budgie) and Diamond (Horse).

I would absolutely love to learn more about the people/pets here--please impart your wisdom. I admit--I am looking for an animal that can be affectionate. I do understand that exotic pets are not dogs, cats and bunny rabbits, but just knowing if there are certain species out there that have a tendency to at least like hanging out with their owners occasionally would be helpful :help:

I don't know anyone personally who I believe ethically owns exotic animals (half my family hunts and will pick up whatever they find in the woods on a given day) so I don't have any responsibly knowledgeable folks to guide decisions off of (again, so glad to find this forum).

So glad to meet you all!
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Hello all!

Postby Cindy23323 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:27 am

Welcome to the forum
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:52 am

Nice to meet you! I've heard a lot of good things about flemish giants - how is he (or she) affection wise? I was considering getting a rabbit at one point, but I wasn't sure how well they could potty train.

I'm from Michigan myself. My family has a couple of dogs, two cats, and an arctic fox. ^^
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:28 am

Welcome! That's too bad you don't know anyone who ethically owns exotics. Of my entire family and extended family I'm the only one who have a real love of animals (well, except for my little sister). My family doesn't see them as anything more than commodities or toys. :/
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Welcome. I have four snakes and a red fox. I'm hoping to be able to add more exotics late summer/early fall.

Are there any exotics that you're currently interested in? Maybe we could help you narrow down your search. You're right though, there aren't too many that are openly affectionate. But if you listed other qualities you're looking for, hopefully we could come up with a few. ;)
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula

Return to “INTRODUCTION”