PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Howdy!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Lilacpetals

Howdy!

Postby Lilacpetals » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:59 am

Hiya!

I'm Lilac, or Ashley, whatever floats your boat!

I'm a college student with a huge passion for animals of all sorts! I was the child that always wanted to rescue everything. My parents were never amused to say the least. :P

I currently, however, have 15 rats, over 70 fish, three dogs, a cat, a horse, and two guinea pigs. Every year,though, I always gain one more little four legged buddy to spend my time with until she or he needs to part ways and go off on their own adventure. You see, my mother rescues animals. All native fur bearing creatures to the state she lives in. Once a year, farmers cleaning out grain bins often call my mother with Raccoon infestations. A mother raccoon has had her baby in something, and they need them gone (I won't mention the alternative.) so she takes them in, raises them all nice and pudgy and releases them. The most rewarding thing about it, though, is seeing them return every now and then with little babies of their own.

I've always loved the experience of helping something, be it a raccoon that someone finds to be a pest, or something that no one wanted.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now...

Here, have some compensation for my horrid introduction post that made little to no sense at all! :D

Kelley was last years rescue. She unfortunately had a brain issue and had many problems including lack of balance, muscle convulsions, problems with coordination and a few other oddities.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Howdy!

Postby pat » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:34 am

welcome to sybils message board. you will fit in here perfectly, we all are animal lovers

sounds like you have quite a few animals yourself. feel free to post pictures and more info in the other forums.

love the racccopn picture. out of all the animals I raised, my raccoons are my favorite. they really have a personality, even though at time,
they have their bad sides. but, with most animals, we take the good with the bad.

again, welcome
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Lilacpetals

Postby Lilacpetals » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:54 am

pat wrote:welcome to sybils message board. you will fit in here perfectly, we all are animal lovers

sounds like you have quite a few animals yourself. feel free to post pictures and more info in the other forums.

love the racccopn picture. out of all the animals I raised, my raccoons are my favorite. they really have a personality, even though at time,
they have their bad sides. but, with most animals, we take the good with the bad.

again, welcome

I agree! A raccoon has been the only animal thus far that has been able to pet my face with one paw, while reaching into my moms purse to grab out her keychains with another and take off as quickly as she possibly could to stash them NOT UNDER... But IN the mattress.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:04 am

agree! A raccoon has been the only animal thus far that has been able to pet my face with one paw, while reaching into my moms purse to grab out her keychains with another and take off as quickly as she possibly could to stash them NOT UNDER... But IN the mattress.

:lol: yep, they are sometimes thieves and curious little buggers. they do get better with age though.

Lilacpetals

Postby Lilacpetals » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:08 am

pat wrote:
agree! A raccoon has been the only animal thus far that has been able to pet my face with one paw, while reaching into my moms purse to grab out her keychains with another and take off as quickly as she possibly could to stash them NOT UNDER... But IN the mattress.

:lol: yep, they are sometimes thieves and curious little buggers. they do get better with age though.

I love 'em so much! They're so amazing and smart. Probably too smart for their own good.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:18 am

Probably too smart for their own good.
:lol:
so true

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Welcome.

Are there any exotics you're particularly interested in adding to your managerie? You've got quite a furry family as is, lol.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Lilacpetals

Postby Lilacpetals » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:16 pm

Ash wrote:Welcome.

Are there any exotics you're particularly interested in adding to your managerie? You've got quite a furry family as is, lol.

I've always wanted a fox. I adore their personalities, their 'you don't own me, lady' attitude and yet how much affection they can show. I planned on getting a fennec for many years but decided maybe spending 3000 dollars at one point in time might be a little out of my league at the moment. (3000 dollars, then 1000 on vet bills then 2000 on supplies. Oivey!) so instead I've been looking up the more...standard... foxes (red, silver, etc) and have really clicked with their profiles and how amazing they seem!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:22 am

Foxes are such a joy. They're a wonderful choice when it comes to exotics. ;) I almost got a fennec before I got my red, but I'm really glad that I went with getting a red first.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas

Return to “INTRODUCTION”