PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hi There!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

lochjessmonster

Hi There!

Postby lochjessmonster » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Hello to all. :) I've been lurking for a few months now, and decided- what the heck, I should just join. So I did. Hi. I'm Jessie, from Florida. Right now my I have a pretty small furry family, just a wonderful rat terrier named Marley, and an eastern gray squirrel that my family and I are raising up for release (who is really as sweet as can be- he's our third orphaned gray and we've never had one who was so comfortable and intent on cuddling- it's mildly concerning). But in the past I've had larger dogs, several other squirrels, ferrets, and a leopard gecko. Like most of the people I'm sure you get here I'm a huge lover of foxes and hope to become a fox parent, one day. In the far, far future- probably not for another 3-4 years (or 5-6, depending on whether I go for a M.A.), as I'm currently in college. But, well, I figure that the more time I spend researching and talking with people who currently own foxes, the more I'll know what to expect when and if I decide I'm in a place to get one.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that all of your animals are absolutely gorgeous and I am exceedingly jealous.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi There!

Postby Ash » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:40 am

Welcome, Jessie. I would love to see some pictures of your babies if you have time. I like squirrels.

Have you heard of Prevost squirrels? They're really pretty, and if you like squirrels, they may interest you. They're orange, black, and white.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
lochjessmonster

Re: Hi There!

Postby lochjessmonster » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:04 am

I'll definitely post some, if I can get him to sit still long enough tomorrow.

I'd never heard of Prevost squirrels- just looked them up and they are absolutely gorgeous. My dream squirrel is one of the Florida subspecies of Fox Squirrels- they grow to be quite large and have really beautiful coloration. Unfortunately at least two of them (the Big Cypress Fox Squirrel and the Sherman's) are considered threatened and at risk species by the state, and are illegal to keep. I'm a bit unclear about the ones found further north, as they're not considered threatened but are quite similar in appearance/size (also, I'm not sure if there are any breeders at all- it's something I plan on researching). Even if I can keep them legally, I'd want to wait until I was out of school and in a stable situation.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”