PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hello :)

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

roxybearnahla

Hello :)

Postby roxybearnahla » Wed May 01, 2013 10:12 am

Hi Everyone!
Just a little bit about myself, I am a college student studying fish & wildlife management, my goal is to become a wildlife rehabilitator, and potentially a wildlife photographer. My boyfriend and I are the current owners of two gold day dust gecko's, two uromastyx, a blood python, a columbian red tail boa, two ball pythons, a hedgehog, a savannah cat, and two foxes (one silver the other sun glow). It may seem like a lot but they are all amazing and suprisingly low maintenance (minus the cat and foxes lol).
"When I look into the eyes of an animal, I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I see a soul."
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello :)

Postby Ash » Wed May 01, 2013 12:00 pm

Welcome, Roxy! I'm always excited when another reptile-lover joins the forum.

I would love to see pictures of your two foxes. What are their names? The sunglows are really pretty, though I personally prefer the arctic marble (the silver form of the sunglow with black instead of red). What genders are they?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
roxybearnahla

Postby roxybearnahla » Wed May 01, 2013 12:11 pm

Roxy is our girl and Bear is our boy :) i don't know how to attach pictures? lol
"When I look into the eyes of an animal, I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I see a soul."
roxybearnahla

Postby roxybearnahla » Wed May 01, 2013 3:13 pm

_MG_7608.jpg
IMG_9976.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Thu May 02, 2013 4:17 am

Oh wow they are both gorgeous! I'm gonna have to disagree, Ash. I LOVE sunglows!
roxybearnahla

Postby roxybearnahla » Thu May 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Thanks :) they are both rescues and fortunately get along amazingly :) Roxy we've had for about 8 months now, her previous owner purchased her as a present for her six year (yes you heard me correctly) and the child ended up being allergic, so they tossed her outside and ignored her until we picked her up. She's bonded better with my boyfriend because he was able to spend the time with her that I wasn't. Bear we have only had for about a month. His previous home stated they could no longer keep him but I don't think he was treated very well, when we picked him up you couldn't touch him without him freaking out, and the top half of his bottom canines are missing, along with his tail. Thankfully after hours upon hours of sitting with him we can hold him and pet him and he actually is giving kisses now!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat May 04, 2013 8:41 pm

:shock: A six-year-old!? Some people you just wonder about. :roll:

Poor Bear! He must not have been treated very well or was definitely malnourished. I can't believe that people treat animals the way they do. I'm so glad that you have him and you'll be taking care of him. That's so good that he's warmed up to you. Many foxes from that type of situation don't warm up that way.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Sun May 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Lovely animals.
Roxy looks more like a Pearl fox than a Silver, though.
They're similar, but pearls are lighter, and silvers are usually darker than that.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun May 05, 2013 4:44 pm

That's what I was thinking but pearl isn't a color, pearl is a type. They can be any color. So a pearl-silver.
roxybearnahla

Postby roxybearnahla » Sun May 05, 2013 6:47 pm

In all reality we aren't sure what type she is. On her form she is classified as a marble by the state vet...she originally came from Tiny Tracks, so maybe Dave can shed some light on what litters he had...I have noticed she has very prominent brown patches on her muzzle and on the tips of her ears...but I don't know!
As for Bear, it's been hard, but totally worth it! He's already a completelly different fox then the one we brought home, and while he's not the best quite yet, I'm incredibly proud of the progress he's made, Roxy has definitely helped!!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun May 05, 2013 7:38 pm

I'm saying "pearl" as well. Some types of Pearls can have brownish patches. A silver would be black.

She's beautiful though. ;)
roxybearnahla

Postby roxybearnahla » Sun May 05, 2013 9:11 pm

Well whatever she is, I still love her and thanks!!! :)
roxybearnahla

Postby roxybearnahla » Sun May 05, 2013 9:31 pm

IMG_0177.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun May 05, 2013 11:02 pm

She looks like she's smiling in that photo! What a gem you've got there. ;)
roxybearnahla

Postby roxybearnahla » Mon May 06, 2013 11:41 am

haha, we're currently building a new enclosure and that's her curious face as my boyfriend is building it :)

Return to “INTRODUCTION”