PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hi all!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Mike13

Hi all!

Postby Mike13 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi I'm Mike - I'm new to this forum and just wanted to post a little message to say hi to other members and introduce myself. icon-smile

I share my life with cats, chinchillas, degus, a beardie and rabbits and they all keep me on my toes alright!

I'm interested in most species of animals and keen to meet like minds. I have travelled extensively and love checking out exhibits and collections. I am planning a road trip to the US soon and hope to see lots of animal life there!

Look forward to chatting with you all!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi all!

Postby Ash » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:56 pm

Hello, and welcome! It's great to have you here. I would love to see some pictures of your pets if you have time to post any. ;) Degus are cute!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Mike13

My little Degus

Postby Mike13 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:51 am

Hi Ash,

Just tried to upload a couple of pics of my degus Fish and Chips - hope this works ok!

Mike icon-smile
Mike13

Fish and Chips

Postby Mike13 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:21 am

Okays take two! The last picture post didn't seem to work - so please forgive a second try!

Mike :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ana

Postby Ana » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:03 am

I've always been curious about Degus, I've had rats since I was a kid, is it a similar
relationship? Do they come out to play? Are they intelligent? Do they perch on you,
or sit in your pockets?

Welcome, well met, give us more pics! :D
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:10 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Mike13

Postby Mike13 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:01 am

Hi Ana and Sarajeku - good to meet you both.

Great avatar pic Sarajeku! Wow!

Ana I've never had rats personally but have visited the ones that friends have and they're great pets - so social!! One day maybe I'll get some! Do post some pics of your ratties I'd love to see!

With my Degus they are a bit more interested in each other really - they do so much together - grooming, snuggling up, playing (even little nip and chase me games - they LOVE to run around and get pretty active! So for this they need loads of space), foraging around in the litter for little food items and so on. They are pretty entertaining to watch. I do handle them pretty often and have done so since they were really little so they are pretty tame - I don't really sit them in my pockets though - I think that's more of a rat thing maybe? Yeh I'll post more pics of my furry family soon!
veralidaine

Postby veralidaine » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:53 am

Hi Mike!

I was just curious, since you said that you were planning a road trip to the US, do you live in Canad, by any chance? I live in Ontario and am always look to network with other Canadians who are into exotics.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”