PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Even Keel Exotics

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Sheadamstaff12

Even Keel Exotics

Postby Sheadamstaff12 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:41 am

I was just curious if anyone has purchased Richardson's ground squirrel from Even Keel Exotics? They appeared very polite and kind. Please i have seen so many posts and would hate to judge accordingly.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Even Keel Exotics

Postby Ash » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:47 pm

No, but it is important you look at their federal violations before purchasing an animal for them. There have been no "hate" posts about him, just informational posts from people who have had experiences with them. It is important that when someone does not take good care of their animals (like having federal violations), and when others have bad experiences with the animals they buy from that person, that that is shared.

I would personally never buy from him due to his reputation alone. I'm willing to give people a chance, but seeing so many USDA violations is a big turn off. He also gives incorrect info on facebook page (at least regarding foxes).

You're free to make your own choice ofcourse. ;) Just tread with caution. I know that the sugar gliders (a different pocket pet he sells) people buy from him don't live too long and sometimes come with problems.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Sheadamstaff12

Postby Sheadamstaff12 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:41 pm

I did go to his facility and I was impressed, all of the critters were exhibited very well and clean. His critters were very friendly and of excellent weight. So i adopted myself a Richardson ground squirrel. He gave me allot of wonderful information on this species. I am Happy. I understand the Usda, but he is in fact still licensed. I am thankful I didn't follow the opinions of others or i wouldn't have my precious baby Richardsons Ground Squirrel. What i look for in a bad breeder, is someone that refuses to Improve.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:12 pm

I'm glad you had a good experience with him and that his critters were all happy and well-cared for. ;) Also congratulations on your new furry baby. The ground squirrels are quite cute. I would love to see some pictures of him if you have time to stick around.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Sheadamstaff12

Postby Sheadamstaff12 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:47 pm

Hopefully this works. She's very sweet and been well handled. No offensive odor. I got her yesterday morning.
Sheadamstaff12

Postby Sheadamstaff12 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Sandy My Fat healthy Richardson Ground Squirrel I got yesterday morning from Even Keel Exotics. I love her sweet personality.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:58 pm

Oops, she. I said "he" before, lol.

She is so precious. It makes me want one now! :lol:

I'm really happy you had a good experience with him. I do believe people can change their ways too, so this is very good news to hear.

What's Sandy's personality like? I don't know much about groundsquirrels.
Sheadamstaff12

Postby Sheadamstaff12 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:59 pm

So much trust she has. She also has a healthy appetite. I can tell she has been well cared for and handled.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sheadamstaff12

Postby Sheadamstaff12 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:03 am

She's alert and curious, nibbles on my clothing. I laughed when i found out what deep sleepers they were. Wondered how many people thought their ground squirrels died, when they were only sleeping. When i say deep sleep, i mean you could pick her up and move her all around, and she won't move. Lays there like a wet noodle, then suddenly her sweet little eyes blink as she looks right into your eyes. LOL When i'm holding her she has never offered to nibble on my skin. Very curious of my pets, dogs and what nots.
Sheadamstaff12

Postby Sheadamstaff12 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:06 am

She loves to sniff me out. They have the highest pitched alert sounds i have ever heard. Guard Squirrel on duty i tell you. Such a great alarm system. I find her interesting.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:51 pm

That's so cute about her sleeping habits. That must be very funny to see! When my family had our puppy, you could do whatever you wanted to him when he was asleep, but he outgrew that.

What do your other pets think of Sandy? Have you introduced them yet, or have you already?
Sheadamstaff12

Postby Sheadamstaff12 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:39 pm

My Dogs that i show are only allowed tight supervised visits with me holding tightly to Sandy and telling my Dogs she's a baby. LOL My Toy Poodle thinks the sun rises and sets on her adorable little rodent melon. My only other exotics are Chinchilla's and a Pair of Conures. So she mostly bonds with me as i am a greedy mom and don't want to share. LOL
Sheadamstaff12

Postby Sheadamstaff12 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:41 pm

It was fully supervised
Last edited by Sheadamstaff12 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheadamstaff12

Postby Sheadamstaff12 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Finally got the picture to upload. Poodle and Squirrel introduction
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:43 pm

That's so adorable. It's always neat to see different species getting along.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”