PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hello from Marquette, MI!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

HamonWolf

Hello from Marquette, MI!

Postby HamonWolf » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:53 pm

My name is Anthony, but I usually go by Tony. Ever since I was 5 I've been in love with wolves, foxes, and other wildlife.

I would like to know if anyone knows of any High Content Wolf-Dog breeders, and/or fox breeders here in Michigan. Any help would be great! Also, as of now, I am living with my friends, so once I move out I want to know where to look to adopt a HC Wolf-dog, or fox!
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Hello from Marquette, MI!

Postby sarajeku » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:28 pm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but wolfdogs are totally illegal in MI. If you want one, you'll have to move to a wolfdog friendly state.

The wolf/dog hybrid act (passed summer of 2000) prohibits ownership of wolf/dog hybrids in Michigan. There is an exception provided for people who legally owned such animals prior to the passing of the act, if they adhere to "grandfather clause" requirements of the act. If you have questions regarding the wolf/dog hybrid act (act 246 of 2000), you may contact Mr. Al Rodriquez of the Michigan Department of Agriculture, Animal Industry Division at 517-373-1077 or Ms. Eileen Liska of Liska Associates at 248-887-2184.
HamonWolf

Postby HamonWolf » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:49 pm

sarajeku wrote:Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but wolfdogs are totally illegal in MI. If you want one, you'll have to move to a wolfdog friendly state.

The wolf/dog hybrid act (passed summer of 2000) prohibits ownership of wolf/dog hybrids in Michigan. There is an exception provided for people who legally owned such animals prior to the passing of the act, if they adhere to "grandfather clause" requirements of the act. If you have questions regarding the wolf/dog hybrid act (act 246 of 2000), you may contact Mr. Al Rodriquez of the Michigan Department of Agriculture, Animal Industry Division at 517-373-1077 or Ms. Eileen Liska of Liska Associates at 248-887-2184.

Oh wow -facepalms- I didn't realize that. Thank you for informing me about that!
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:45 am

Welcome to the forum
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi, and welcome! It's great to have another wolfdog lover here. Just because it isn't legal doesn't mean you won't ever achieve your dream. You may be able to petition the state, that's always an option. Or you may wind up moving to a place where it's legal.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your stay. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
HamonWolf

Postby HamonWolf » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:33 am

@Cindy: Thank you!
@Ash: Thanks! I might move to a state that allows Wolf-dog hybrids.
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:59 pm

welcome! I've visited Marquette quite a few times. Lovely country out there.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”