PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Wanna be fox mama

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Amy2010

Wanna be fox mama

Postby Amy2010 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:37 am

Hello! I have absolutely fallen in love with fennec foxes and hope to get one someday soon. Want to know all about them first though!
Your board is very informative! :)
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wanna be fox mama

Postby Ash » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 am

Hi, Amy, and welcome to the forum! Fennec foxes are such adorable animals and can be very rewarding (though stand-offish once older) pets. I came super close to getting one prior to adopting my red, but the seller was weird the day before and my family and I thought it best not to go with her at the last minute.

I don't know how much research you've already done, but fennecs are loud! So beware! :lol: Here's a typical video of one of their hyper/loudness moments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su3ovMsFXMg Keep in mind that those living with you or around you may not like it, lol! So be sure not to be living in an apartment or anything like that with close neighbors.

Also, they don't litter train. There is someone out there "prominent" in the fox community who says they can be, but this person has never kept a fennec fox longer than a year and doesn't know what they're talking about. So be sure to be ready for this; they maaaay litter-train partially, but they will never be 100% and most of the time they will just "go" wherever they so desire. They will also sleep in their own urine :roll: --nasty little fellas.

And always, remember to search the legalities before you bring your baby home. It can be heart-breaking to have a beloved pet seized and euthanized. Check your state, county, and city legalities to be sure they are legal in your area.

Keep up the good work and research! They are delicate little animals that require a lot of care and a special diet and special needs.

Mandy Markley (an amazing, renowned fox breeder who goes by "dinnka" on here) describes them as "ferrets on crack." I think it is a very cute, appropriate description from what I have researched.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Amy2010

Re: Wanna be fox mama

Postby Amy2010 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:50 pm

Thanks so much! Yes I love that video!

Return to “INTRODUCTION”