PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

A HELLO FROM CANADA! NS

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Foxyloxy53

A HELLO FROM CANADA! NS

Postby Foxyloxy53 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi i am 18 years of age and i am getting into the world of foxes.This all started when me and my parents went to the zoo when i was 10 i saw some airtic foxes and fell in love.I want to know if it is legal to own a fox in NS i heard that if you want a fox in NS you have to pick up the fox it cant be shipped is this true?
Foxylady23

Re: A HELLO FROM CANADA! NS

Postby Foxylady23 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:43 pm

Hahaha, I saw your name and freaked out thinking someone hacked my account or something! Well, welcome anyway! I'm not one of the official message board members, but i thought I'd welcome you anyway! (I just thought that our similarity in names was funny!) I'm in the fox world too, which species are you thinking about getting?
veralidaine

Postby veralidaine » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi,

I'm in Ontario. I'm pretty sure Nova Scotia is one of the provinces with a province-wide ban on exotics.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:28 am

Hi, and welcome. I believe Veralidaine is correct about it having a ban on all exotics. Sorry to break the bad news. I know that Quebec allows red foxes to be kept as pets but only certain colors.

Glad to have another fox lover here.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Foxyloxy53

Postby Foxyloxy53 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:56 pm

Foxylady23 wrote:Hahaha, I saw your name and freaked out thinking someone hacked my account or something! Well, welcome anyway! I'm not one of the official message board members, but i thought I'd welcome you anyway! (I just thought that our similarity in names was funny!) I'm in the fox world too, which species are you thinking about getting?

well foxylady i was thinking on a silver fox or Fennec But i need to find out more on the laws about having one in NS i might move when i have the money
veralidaine

Postby veralidaine » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Here is the excerpt from Nova Scotia's Wildlife Act;

Wildlife in captivity
62 (1) Except as provided in this Act or the regulations or any other
enactment, no person shall keep in captivity any wildlife or exotic wildlife.

Which can be found here; http://nslegislature.ca/legc/statutes/wildlife.pdf

Also, even if you move to a province where there isn't a provincial ban on foxes (Ontario, BC, Quebec if you have a fur farm, Saskatchewan if you have a captive wildlife license), CFIA has a ban on importing foxes so unless you can find a Canadian breeder (Which I don't think there are any), you technically can't get one.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”