PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

hello ~

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Kainine

hello ~

Postby Kainine » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:19 pm

canine-feline lover here, but birds, reptiles and others aren't far behind... (horse, deer, etc)

I kind of have a wishlist for possessing certain animals but I'd like it to be for Scientific Research Purposes only... Just not sure how to go about that and am looking for a state (US) or province (Canada) where one could have such as a wolf/coyote/fox.

I guess I'll be hanging out around here for some research purposes. :)
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Re: hello ~

Postby Cindy23323 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Welcome to the forum
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Welcome.
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:55 am

Welcome! :D
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum. :) What kind of research are you interested in? Are you looking at keeping these animals as pets or for strictly scientific/observation purposes?

In the US there are many places you could live. You would most likely have to become USDA-licensed, depending on exactly what your research entails, whether or not you allow the public to come and observe, etc.

If you're more specific, we could help you out better in that regard. ;) Welcome again!
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Kainine

Postby Kainine » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Ash wrote:Hi, and welcome to the forum. :) What kind of research are you interested in? Are you looking at keeping these animals as pets or for strictly scientific/observation purposes?

bit of both perhaps but more leaning in the research direction. and potentially be breeder for endangereds. and learning more on those not well known species/subspecies.

I find hybrids/crossbreeds quite interesting too. I believe they are a peek into the past prehistoric cats/dogs/etc.

um. I find that Silver Fox Domestication Research interesting and kind off wonder what such like a Domestic Lion would look like after generation.

I realize all animals can be dangerous, including our so-called Domestics. They were all wild at one point in time (we likely wouldnt have our many dog breeds without the wolves, coyote, jackals and hybrids thereof).
Well I generally agree with the with the "wild should stay in the wild", but what happens when there's no wild left? :cry:

And I don't like such as SPCA for puttin down cats (domestic) cause they're too "wild"; in the wild what does gettin caught by another predator usually mean?
the cats are only doing what they do naturally; fight or flight instinct. can ya really blame them? :roll:

just a dream for now but I guess it's something like Noah's Ark but with Kimba the White Lion in place of Noah and hybrids/crossbreeds allowed.

Been thinking if I did eventually get, I'd rather get them as such like Pups or Cubs... but not too young though.
Also seen the story of Christian the Lion.
Love and Friendship are the strongest of bonds out there.

I think; though I get the why of it, banning certain species won't stop such as the Black Market or Illegal Pet Trade but rather give /them/ more "munition"

I have quoted sections of three different songs' lyrics, which to me is the perfect message... for earth/nature/wildlife in this time.
"Some body please explain
Cause all we want is to be treated the same
Just live in peace with peace of mind
Enjoy the earth, this life and my kind (my kind)
Right now it's time to celabrate
Relax, Kick back put your feet up forget to hate.

Is it me or has this world gone crazy
Last chance, Last dance force maybe
Bombs are droppin body's poppin like the last days
Now I finally understand how crime pays
Its the plan that's designed through corruption
Total domination, mass destruction
Or mass distraction you do the math
When 1+1 don't equal 3 no
It's like a sickness that they don't want the cure for
Apocalyptic and only been sured for
It's like we're doomed and were headed for our last days
I wanna peace of mind, everlastin"

"Some say eat or be eaten
Some say live and let live
But all are agreed as they join the stampede
You should never take more than you give

In the circle of life
It's the wheel of fortune
It's the leap of faith
It's the band of hope
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the circle, the circle of life

Some of us fall by the wayside
And some of us soar to the stars
And some of us sail through our troubles
And some have to live with the scars"

"Dare - dare to believe you can survive
You hold the future in your hand
Dare - dare to keep all of your dreams alive
It's time to take a stand
And you can win, if you dare"

Peace of Mind - Kottonmouth Kings
The Circle of Life - Elton John (& Tim Rice) [careful here; there's more than 1 version with same name]
Dare - Stan Bush
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Cool. It's neat to have someone on here with a slightly different approach--like going into exotic animal ownership from the research side. I too would like to one day breed endangered species, but that is a far off dream for me. I don't have nearly enough money or experience to undertake something like that. I love the African wild dogs, maned wolves, and brown hyenas. Those three are all endangered, and I'd love to be able to help increase their numbers in captivity. African wild dogs seem most doable to me from what I have researched on them. They have huge litters--like in the upper teens. They're hard to breed in captivity, but through artificial insemination that would be a lot more easier.

I love "Dare" by Stan Bush too. That's one of my fav songs. When I was younger I was a huge Transformers fan, so I heard the song "Dare" when I watched the Transformer's 80s movie. I really like what it has to say and the message it carries.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula

Return to “INTRODUCTION”