PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Newbie

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

User avatar
KingObeat
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:04 am
Location: Eugene, OR

Newbie

Postby KingObeat » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:07 am

Hello. I've been into animals my whole life and enjoy talking about them. Reptiles are my favorite all I currently keep, but I also like other varieties. Hope to learn a lot on this forum.
HumaneWatch
http://www.humanewatch.org/

United States Association of Reptile Keepers
http://usark.org/

Protect the Harvest
http://protecttheharvest.com/
User avatar
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7949
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:38 am
Location: Utah

Re: Newbie

Postby Ash » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:30 pm

KingObeat wrote:Hello. I've been into animals my whole life and enjoy talking about them. Reptiles are my favorite all I currently keep, but I also like other varieties. Hope to learn a lot on this forum.


Hi, and welcome to the forum! I see you like snakes. I do as well, and I'm tempted to say they are one of my favorite animals, if not my favorite. I currently own a western hognose, Cal king, and 2 pied ball pythons. The female pied isn't breeding weight yet, so I've got a little bit to go before I can start getting any eggs.

Do you have any animals? What are your interests?

Thanks for joining. And I like the links posted in your signature. ;)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
User avatar
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10415
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:42 pm
Location: Oregon, USA
Contact:

Re: Newbie

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:10 pm

Welcome. It's great to see people with different species here.
User avatar
KingObeat
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:04 am
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Newbie

Postby KingObeat » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:47 am

Ash wrote:
KingObeat wrote:Hello. I've been into animals my whole life and enjoy talking about them. Reptiles are my favorite all I currently keep, but I also like other varieties. Hope to learn a lot on this forum.


Hi, and welcome to the forum! I see you like snakes. I do as well, and I'm tempted to say they are one of my favorite animals, if not my favorite. I currently own a western hognose, Cal king, and 2 pied ball pythons. The female pied isn't breeding weight yet, so I've got a little bit to go before I can start getting any eggs.

Do you have any animals? What are your interests?

Thanks for joining. And I like the links posted in your signature. ;)
I currently have 2 western diamondback rattle snakes, 1 green anaconda, 1 mangrove snake, 1 cancun boa, 1 mexican beaded lizard, 1 african bullfrog, and 1 salmon pink bird eating spider. I also live with 3 dogs and 2 cats. But they belong to my mom. When I get a house with more space I plan on getting a Kangaroo.
HumaneWatch
http://www.humanewatch.org/

United States Association of Reptile Keepers
http://usark.org/

Protect the Harvest
http://protecttheharvest.com/
User avatar
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7949
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:38 am
Location: Utah

Re: Newbie

Postby Ash » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:27 pm

Ooh, I'm jealous that you have some rattlesnakes. They are such pretty animals. If I were ever realistically going to get a venomous snake, it would probably be a rattler. But I don't have any experience with hots, so it's not going to happen.

I'd love to see some pictures of your beaded lizard if you ever get the time to post any. Do you handle yours at all?

I really like the big constrictors. I like the looks of retics most and there are some very beautiful color morphs and combos. I don't know as much about anacondas other than that they get super heavy. What's yours temperament like? Is he/she a good size yet?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
User avatar
KingObeat
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:04 am
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Newbie

Postby KingObeat » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:54 am

Ash wrote:Ooh, I'm jealous that you have some rattlesnakes. They are such pretty animals. If I were ever realistically going to get a venomous snake, it would probably be a rattler. But I don't have any experience with hots, so it's not going to happen.

I'd love to see some pictures of your beaded lizard if you ever get the time to post any. Do you handle yours at all?

I really like the big constrictors. I like the looks of retics most and there are some very beautiful color morphs and combos. I don't know as much about anacondas other than that they get super heavy. What's yours temperament like? Is he/she a good size yet?
My beaded lizard is a little pissy in his cage. But once I get him out of the cage he mellows out. I use a glove just to take him out. My anaconda was cbb so he's really nice. Most green anacondas you see for sale are wild caught, so they tend to be aggressive. Luckily, more people are figuring out how to breed them, so cbb babies are becoming more available. I'll try to get some pics of my beaded lizard.
HumaneWatch
http://www.humanewatch.org/

United States Association of Reptile Keepers
http://usark.org/

Protect the Harvest
http://protecttheharvest.com/
User avatar
Alynn
moderator
moderator
Posts: 1777
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Newbie

Postby Alynn » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:11 am

Welcome to the board, hope to hear more about your animals!
User avatar
veralidaine
Posts: 410
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 10:06 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Contact:

Re: Newbie

Postby veralidaine » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:06 am

Hi!

Sounds like you have a full house! I would also love a kangaroo

Return to “INTRODUCTION”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest