PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Back from the grave!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Foxyjadda

Back from the grave!

Postby Foxyjadda » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:44 am

Hi, look whose's back from the grave! It's been a while since I was on this forum and a lot has happened. I got my old dog Precious back! Oh I feel so happy to have her back she was my first dog and the one who introduced me into my love for animals. I would have left with my grandmother but I felt my grandmother wasn't taking care of her properly. First out of the blue my grandmother decided that dog food was too expensive and she fed the dogs scraps. Precious being the picky one out of the trio refused to eat the scraps which ended up with her starving. When I went over I made sure to hand feed her. After a while I found out she had a ear infection. My plan was simple take back my dog and bring her to my Uncle who was a vet. What my family 'forgot' to tell me was that my uncle disappeared off the face of the earth. He and his wife didn't get along but they didn't believe in divorce so running away was a better idea. Any ways I took Precious back and saved up money to bring her to the vet and got her infection cleared up. Now it's just a healthy old dog :)

In other news, my four red ear sliders are huge! I saving to make a portable pond for them, I have the idea in my head. Hummer was the smallest when I got him. Now he is the biggest! My evil kitty cat Egypt, is worst then ever. Ever since Precious joined the family she's been a bit jealous. Which is funny because Egypt doesn't like me. 

And lastly reason of leaving.
No reason at all school and other forums called my name, and my time here decreased. At points I would come and read of my post and frown at such terrible grammar and punctuation. When I was curious about what was happening in the fox world I'll come over and make post but never post them. I've written this and re-written this so many times in hopes of rejoining the forum. Finally I said "hey! Go and research you'll be totally unprepared if you get a fox"
Oh yes, about foxes my original plan was to get a male fennec fox at 16. Oh boy I was crazy, I'm 15 now and decide that idea is out the window. I'm way too unprepared, mentally and physically. I decided to wait until I own my own house. Also my plans was to go to Ohio (not to far from New York so I could still visit) that plan is also out the window due to my ill feelings to my family ( don't ask). I've decided to move to Indiana when I have enough money and to change my name so my family can't find me.

So that's what has been happening in my life. Hopefully I'll post more frequently or not :shrug: .
My pets
4 Turtles- Toyota, Root Beer, Calester and Hummer (they are all red eared sliders)
1 Cat- Egypt (some mixed breed)
1 Dog- Precious (Pekingese/Tibetan spaniel mix)
2 Mice-Brazil and California (Fancy mouse)
More to come hopefully!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Back from the grave!

Postby Ash » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Hi, and welcome back! I'd been wondering where you've been. It sounds like there have been a lot of changes in your life recently, and I'm glad that you could have Precious back. Sounds like she'll be happiest and better off with you. It's great that you could help her ear infection.

I'm sorry you've been having family problems. That can be hard. I wish you the best of luck in that regard, but if you ever need someone to talk to about it, you can feel free to pm me.

You're very mature for your age. Deciding to wait to get a fox will be best in the long run, and much more rewarding. The responsibility can be hard for young people, even if they're committed, and lots of times adding a fox to an already hectic lifestyle (like with school, family, friends, etc.) is rough. I'm glad you're thinking about what's best for both you and the fox.

Happy to hear the sliders are all doing well! Those are such cute little turtles. If you have time, I'd love to see some pictures of them now. I remember the pics you posted before, and they weren't that big.

Anyway, it's great to see you post again. ;)
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:56 pm

hi! Welcome back. I'm glad to see you return, it was always nice to see someone so curious about foxes.

I'm also sorry to hear about your family issues as well. I know how it can be to have family that doesn't take the health of your pets as seriously as you do, and it is frustrating. It's very selfless of you to save up your own money to take an animal into the vet, and it speaks volumes to your maturity at your age.

I am very glad to hear that you've decided to wait to get a fox! I know I couldn't and it didn't work out very well for me, and thus far I haven't heard of anyone who's had great success having a fox as a teenager. It's better to wait, and you can also find opportunities to work with foxes and give yourself time to truly decide if a fox is right for you, and if so, what species fits the best.

If you know how to post pictures, I'm sure everyone would enjoy seeing them.
Foxyjadda

Postby Foxyjadda » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:07 pm

:) thank you, for your kind words it's good to some-what be back. It wasn't really a question of leaving Precious with her ear infection. What normal human would see a elderly dog with a ear infection and leave her with no help. Anyways it's good to have her back she is my shadow.
Waiting for a fox is a way better idea, I know nobody in my household will care if I got the fox or not. Also I want to have at least half the amount of money to care for its entire life.
I would post pictures if I had my camera, for some reason it's always lost :shrug: .
My pets
4 Turtles- Toyota, Root Beer, Calester and Hummer (they are all red eared sliders)
1 Cat- Egypt (some mixed breed)
1 Dog- Precious (Pekingese/Tibetan spaniel mix)
2 Mice-Brazil and California (Fancy mouse)
More to come hopefully!

Return to “INTRODUCTION”