PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Just Saying Hi :)

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Quixilver

Just Saying Hi :)

Postby Quixilver » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:25 pm

I've been lurking the forums for a while now and decided I might as well register. I'm very interested in fox ownership but I know that it's not feasible at this point in time. So I'm mostly here to lurk, learn, and live vicariously through all of you wonderful people. Maybe in a couple of years when my situation changes, I might be able to pursue ownership, but right now I just want to learn as much as I can (I've read through the FAQ and have been reading through many threads in the Foxes subforum). This community seems really open and honest (about the good and the bad of exotic pet ownership) and I really like that. I look forward to getting to know you all and all of your wonderful animals. :)
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just Saying Hi :)

Postby Ash » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:33 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum Quixilver! :) I see you're from Illinois--that's what I consider my "home" state. You're in a good state to own a fox. All you need is to pay a $25 annual fee to the DNR for the permit. When you're ready, be sure to double-check your local laws as well.

This is a great place to learn and to ask questions. You'll learn a lot here. We try to present a very open and honest view of exotics. The pros as well as the cons. If you leave out the "bad" details, it just hurts future owners and ultimately their animals. Both are good to include when talking about exotics.

Anyway, happy to have you here.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Quixilver

Re: Just Saying Hi :)

Postby Quixilver » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:24 pm

Thanks, Ash! Yeah, it seems like Illinois is one of the more lenient places when it comes to exotics. I'm hoping I don't have to move to Missouri for job reasons, but I plan on staying in IL currently. I plan on looking into local laws once I figure out where I'll be living since I'm currently still living with my parents. And while their property is actually pretty perfect for fox ownership (neighbors aren't very close and we have a huge backyard that would be wonderful for a nice outdoor enclosure), I'm obviously not staying here for much longer.

I'm glad everyone here seems really open about both the good and the bad. It helps me learn what to expect if/when I decide to take that step. :)

Return to “INTRODUCTION”