PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hello all!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

kovkovkovkov

Hello all!

Postby kovkovkovkov » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 pm

Figured I'd make a post to introduce myself... But now that I am here I'm not quite sure what to say. :roll:

I guess I'll start with why I'm here. As of right now, I am planning to get a fennec fox this spring, if not then next spring. I have done extensive research in the past and have actually been a member of this site before, years ago (but for simplicity's sake, I decided to just make a new account... not sure if I'd even remember my old password, haha). I'm hoping to be able to gather more information here on the details of fennec fox ownership, as well as gain support, feedback, and a community of people with similar experiences. Eventually, I am hoping to expand my exotic animal family and hopefully breed as well.

Right now I live with two silly, cuddly, hyperactive, naughty, lovable Burmese cats. I have a six-year-old fixed sable male and a one-year-old champagne female, who I am going to breed sometime next month. They're both Huge Dorks, and I love them. Other than that, I am a student (currently on a leave of absence this semester, but will return next fall), and I love animals and music and Japan. I'm really happy to be here and excited to meet and talk to many interesting, informed, and experienced people!
Danie

Re: Hello all!

Postby Danie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:53 am

:o

I should have read a few others like yours before I posted, mine looks very vauge and boring compared to yours XD

Hello :)
3 cats, 1 parrotlet, 2 bearded dragons, 1 frog eyed gecko, 1 brookes king snake, a marine tank and some big dreams!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:58 am

Hi, and welcome. Fennec foxes can make great pets if you know what to expect. I really like them. They're very cute and delicate. I hope you'll be able to get one soon. ;) If you have any questions, feel free to ask away in the fox forum.

I would love to see some pictures of your kitties. I thought burmese cats were always white, but I don't know much about cat breeds. I like the burmese though since they look so fluffy. Good luck with your pairing next month.

What was your username before? We can combine them both together so you'll have all the same posts. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
kovkovkovkov

Postby kovkovkovkov » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:05 am

Danie, hi! I'm sure there are no requirements for these sorts of posts. Nice to see another new member. :)

Hello Ash! I remember you... Fable is the fox that made me fall in love with cross foxes! (Prior to that I wasn't necessarily a fan.) Are you still hoping to raise aardwolves? I have always been very excited and hopeful for that project.

Also, I think you are confusing Burmese with Birmans, who are definitely white and fluffy...

Birman:
photo credit: Bikhata Birmans

Burmese:
photo credit: Evita Burmese

No problem though. The picture of the Burmese I posted here (neither of these are my pictures) is "sable" which is the first/main Burmese coloration, so generally they're pretty dark brown. Other than that, they come in champagne, blue, and platinum. I'm hoping to have a litter of champagnes and platinums. :) Purebred cats, and specifically Burmese, were my first love, back in second grade. I will post a thread in the cat section about my kitties later today, with pictures and stuff. :3

edit: OH YEAH, and regarding my old username... I'd rather not say... >.> I feel mildly embarrassed, reading my old posts, from when I was in high school, haha. Also, it'd be fun if someone figured it out and guessed! But, if you are concerned about it for whatever reason, you or any of the mods are welcome to message me, and of course I'll tell you :)
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:48 pm

Haha, I must be confused about the cat breeds then. They never were my specialty. I think I thought burmese were persians. What are burmese cats like personality-wise? I know some cats are super people-friendly and others are more aloof.

Beautiful cats. I'm excited to see what the kittens will look like. Are you planning on keeping any in the litter?

Yes, I still hope to raise aardwolves. Diet is tricky since there haven't been any studies done on the nutritional content of the species of termite they eat (I thought all termites were basically the same nutrient-wise, but found out that isn't true at all). Since I would like to breed, I foresee problems with the state--they make you neuter/spay everything coming in with almost no exceptions. I could try to write up a report to prove they couldn't be invasive like what TamanduaGirl did for bettongs in her state, but not sure how to get started on that. I have the property now though, but may have to use my savings to help pay some of it off. We'll see. I still think about it all the time, but I need to get some things in order first. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
kovkovkovkov

Postby kovkovkovkov » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:26 pm

Burmese are definitely people-friendly cats! They love both playing with people and cuddling with them. Even my male who pretends to be "aloof" loves cuddling more than any cat I know. Burmese have often been compared to dogs, and I would second that. At least, as dog-like as a cat could be. Both of my cats will run to the door if someone knocks, to see who it is. They also always greet me at the door when I come home. My male will also play fetch with twisty-ties and come when I call his name (at his own pace, it may take thirty seconds to a minute, but he will always come if I call, from anywhere in the house!) These are the sorts of things Burmese are known for, that combination of active playfulness and affectionate cuddlers, with some quirks mixed in. Burmese are also smart and with that comes a certain sense of "naughtiness"-- something I'm sure exotic pet owners are familiar with ;) They seem to know exactly what you are trying to do and do everything they can to get in the way of that. "Oh, you're reading the newspaper? Funny, cause that's where I'm going to nap." "I see you're trying to move this dresser-- I think I'll settle down on top of it and watch." That sort of thing. Even now, Kovu is trying to walk across my keyboard as I type, haha. They're a blast though, really. I feel like even people who aren't necessarily cat people end up won over by them. But maybe I'm just biased, lol.

I don't think I'll keep any from this litter, no. I plan to continue to breed, but for these next couple years while I finished up school I think it'd be best to just have the one female. Two cats and (hopefully!) a fox will keep me busy enough!

Glad to hear you're still planning to get them! You seem to have the drive and commitment; I have no doubt that you will be successful. :)

Ahh, sorry for going off on a tangent about my cats! Haha. I also made a thread about them now, if you want to see pictures too! It's here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11599

Return to “INTRODUCTION”