PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Newbie to the forums!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Foxvibes

Newbie to the forums!

Postby Foxvibes » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:09 pm

Hello, my mane is Nicole, I'm 24 years old (freshly out of college), and I currently live in Florida, but I might be looking for somewhere else to live. Since I will be getting a fox soon after I settle down somewhere, I decided to come to the forums as I see many fox owners on here who will defiantly be able to help me with all the info i might need.
I have done extensive research, and I'm hoping to get either a red, gray or fennec in the near future.

I'm glad to be here, and I hope to get to know all of you guys! :)
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Newbie to the forums!

Postby Ash » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi, and welcome, Nicole! That's so exciting that you're done with college--it was such a relief when I finished. Florida is actually a good place for owning exotics, so you're in a great spot already.

Are you planning on buying your own place? Or renting? Landlords more often than not do not allow pet foxies (and for good reason). I was able to rent a house though, but I found a nice landlord and, with a little extra money, he let me keep my fox in the garage. It was not an ideal setup, but it worked for me at the time--though I hate recommending it to people. In an enclosed space like that it's almost impossible to keep the smell down, and it makes tons of unneeded/unwanted work. Right before I moved I just dumped a whole container of bleach out on the floor and bleached the whole garage.

Which fox are you leaning toward most? They all have their pros and cons.

Anyway, welcome. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Foxvibes

Re: Newbie to the forums!

Postby Foxvibes » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Thanks ash! And I will most likely be staying in florida- I heard it was easy to get a permit here. And the fact it's pretty good weather down here.

I will most likely be buying a house, I don't want to deal with a landlord if I rent. I found a nice house with a lot of land and I plan to build a big outdoor enclosure for my fox.
And I'm kind of leaning towards the gray, but I'm not exactly sure yet, though.
:)

Return to “INTRODUCTION”