PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Just saying hello!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

janerabbit

Just saying hello!

Postby janerabbit » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:15 pm

Uhm, hello! I joined this message board a little over a year ago, and I've just been lurking around for the most part due to my being shy; I thought it was time I finally introduce myself.

My name is Jane and I live in Southwestern Michigan with my parents and siblings. I just turned eighteen back in March, I'm out of school and have no plans for college. Here at home we have three dogs (( two shih-tzus & a sheltie/chow mix )), five outside/indoors cats, one strictly indoors cat, four pygmy goats (( two of which were only just born back in March )), a sheep, and chickens--all of which are all spoiled beyond belief.

I don't remember how I found this message board, but it did get me extremely interested in one day having a pet fox. Through my research I have found this site extremely helpful, and I can't wait to extend my knowledge on the ownership of foxes and other exotic animals.

It's nice to meet you all!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just saying hello!

Postby Ash » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum, Jane. :)

Foxes are definitely great animals, and can be very rewarding pets as long as you're prepared for them. What species of fox are you interested in? They all have their pros and cons.

Sounds like you've already got quite a menagerie. ;) I would like to start raising chickens once I get a fence put up. My sister and I kept two as pets when we were kids, and I think it would be fun to have some walking around in the backyard again. We had barred rocks, the black kind with white freckles.

I would love to see pictures of your shih-tzus!! My family had one for a little less than a year, but our little Zip passed away early due to a liver shunt. But I've fallen in love with the breed, and I just think they're one of the cutest little dogs. I've considered getting another one, but that won't be for a while. What are yours like, and how old are they?

Anyway, hope to see you stick around. Feel free to ask questions, and we'll do our best to help you out. If you live in Michigan in a rural area, you're already in a great place as far as owning a fox goes legalities-wise.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
janerabbit

Re: Just saying hello!

Postby janerabbit » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:47 pm

Nice to meet ya, Ash!

As for breeds, I've been dead set on a red for the past year, and I don't think I'll be changing my mind on that. I'dunno what it is about them, but I've completely fallen in love with 'em.

Awwh! I'm not quite sure what breed of chickens we have; I'd have to ask my step dad since he's the one who brought them home. He got 'em for my mom for mother's day since she really wanted them, and they're nice to have around despite us having to chase the hens a few times when they've escaped. We haven't had any problems with them other than that -- not even with coyotes trying to get at 'em. This May they want to add ducks to our petting zoo.

That's really unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear that, Ash. Our two are pretty spoiled, and they've gotta be about ten years old by now, maybe more. I wasn't that old when we got them, so yeah, I think it's been about ten years.
The lighter colored one is Zoey, and the darker one is Zeus. They've always been good pets to have, although my mom keeps their fur cut short since she doesn't want it to get matted from being outside so often. They're really good with the other animals for the most part too, except Zoey does get after the bigger dog sometimes. And as you can tell they love digging. A lot (( although I'm pretty sure my step dad's daughters helped them with that )). Zoey doesn't really like men very much, but she warms up to them quickly if they're around her often enough.

Thanks a lot! :) I do happen to live in a more rural part of Michigan, but we aren't too far from the city either, so it's a pretty nice setup. We live next door to my grandparents and we both sit on a nice patch of property that includes a woods in the backyard we frequent walking in. My sister, mom, grandpa, and uncle used to hunt there (( my uncle still does sometimes )), but mostly it's just nice to go out there for walks.

Anyway, again, it's nice to meet you! I hope we can talk more in the future, and I'll be sure to let ya'll know if there are any questions I have!

Return to “INTRODUCTION”