ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Future Fox Mom Wishing You A Wonderful Day

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Mystic

Future Fox Mom Wishing You A Wonderful Day

Postby Mystic » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:25 am

Hi everyone! I've been a longtime follower/researcher of the message boards. This is my first post and I wanted to say hello! My name is Tiffany, a recently turned 30 year old located in northeastern Indiana. I have been owned by many a creature, having had pets my whole life. Fish, a parakeet, a quarter horse, ferrets, rats, and a menagerie of cats throughout the years. I volunteered at a farm that also had goats and bunnies in their keep. Currently I have 3 cats.

For the last 6 years or so, my fondest desire is to have a fox to bond with and care for. I've spent years doing research to make my dream a reality. Originally I had my heart set on a marble or a red color morph. But to get a nice enclosure like I would want (and my foxy deserves) requires moving. I truly believe a swift fox would be a much better fit for me and would be much happier. There is a lot of indoor fox-proofed space for hijinks!

I look forward to chatting with you all. I greatly value the wealth of information available here. Swift foxes seem to be a bit overlooked in the decision making, so I'll be more than happy to share my experiences and pictures when I finally get to adopt my furry beastie!
Alynn

Re: Future Fox Mom Wishing You A Wonderful Day

Postby Alynn » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:11 pm

Swifts or fennecs are both, from what I understand, foxes that do well being kept indoors. Currently, the only breeder of swifts that I know of is Mandly Markely of Wild Adventures. If you want a swift any time soon, I'd contact her and get on her waiting list. She's not easy to get a hold of (I've heard text is best), but she's a fantastic breeder and I've heard nothing but good things.

Welcome to the board. :)
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Future Fox Mom Wishing You A Wonderful Day

Postby Ash » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:34 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum. :) It's great to have someone interested in swift foxes join. I do wish we knew more about them! But since they're so rare, it's hard to get tons of info on them, so we only have info from 2 owners. It's great info, but it'd be great to get more opinions and aspects of it too.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas

Return to “INTRODUCTION”