PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

rocky,my racoon

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

jrbuilder

rocky,my racoon

Postby jrbuilder » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:56 pm

new guy,broken hearted,3 months ago i heard crying in my attic,i ripped open ceiling to find abandoned baby racoon,rocky stoll my heart.spent the next 4 weeks feeding him at all hours of the night,potty trained him,slept next to me,everyone fell in love with him he was so smart,so loving,was doing so well then stopped eating and would only drink water.vet gave him antibiotics,and vit-b but he had a siezure,and then another and passed on the vet table .i will never forget the joy he brought me ,his mother must have senced something was wrong.its been 9 days and my dogs still look for him,im broken.amazing animals
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: rocky,my racoon

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:56 pm

I'm sorry. At least you gave him a little more quality time.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:17 pm

Poor thing. :( He was very lucky to have you to take care of him, even if it was for a short time.

Sorry to hear your story, but welcome to the forum anyways. There are quite a few other raccoon owners here too.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Ana

Postby Ana » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:42 am

I'm so sorry this happened to you, but it's clear you did all you could to help the poor boy.

They really do move right into your heart, don't they. It happens so fast.

Welcome to the forums, though it's sad to meet under these circumstances. Maybe one day
you'll get a healthy coon of your own from a breeder. :( *hugs*
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:27 am

I am sorry to hear the loss of your raccoon. it's heart breaking when we lose our beloved pets to an illness. it's hard to see them suffer too. my 9 year old racoon died last july from liver cancer.
it broke my heart to see him suffer toward the end. I still miss him and always will.

raccoons do capture our hearts. they are just full of personality. (as long as they are cared for properly)
I am sure you did everything you could to save him. it's just that some illness are impossible to save them icon-sad

thank you for joining us, and hope you stick around..
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:49 am

Sorry for your loss and I'm glad to hear that he brought so much joy to you.
You're always welcome to share stories or pictures here of him.
TidbitandHope

Postby TidbitandHope » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:18 pm

So sorry about your loss. It hurts so much to lose or beloved critters that we put time, energy, money, and affection into... and to have them taken suddenly. .. it's definitely a shock. I am thankful that you invested time into caring for the little thing. I am new to the sight as well, and I also have experienced the loss of a young coon. There were three rescued and given to me by my fiance' s brother and sister in law, and their neighbors. At first, I thought I was caring for one, because he was the one only found at the time, but it turned out to be three. Momma had been hit by a car. I juggled the care of the coons with my mom and my fiance when they were with me, and I agreed to " share custody" of them with the couple mentioned above when they returned on their week long Florida vacation. Rocket made the mistake of pinning his head under the ferret cage floor tray during the night and either suffocated or snapped his neck. His sisters were found sleeping with him the next morning. The couple were very upset when they returned me the girls and helped me finish making my 10x10x6 cage dig proof. I have the girls now and they agreed that they cannot keep them anymore because the ferret cage was all they had, and is too small/dangerous. I have given them freedom to visit whenever they like

Return to “INTRODUCTION”