PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

hi there

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

WulfSnake

hi there

Postby WulfSnake » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:11 am

Hi! I am wulfsnake from Canada Nova Scotia. I currently own 10 fancy rats due to a accident litter. Due to NS stupid laws my exotic animal options are low. Oh question is it legal to own wolfdogs in NS? My wishlist is much of fantasy because it consists of animals animals I can't own here in NS :'( glad to meet you :)
Alynn

Re: hi there

Postby Alynn » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:07 pm

Welcome to the board. I'm unsure of the legality of wolf dogs in Nova Scotia, but I don't think they are legal there.
http://www.novascotia.ca/natr/wildlife/ ... f/App2.pdf

This lists any animals considered 'wildlife' that people are permitted to have in NS, and if the animal is not listed it's assumed that they aren't legal. You may want to contact your DNR for further clarification, but I'd assume not.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:58 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum! It's great to have you join. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
WulfSnake

Postby WulfSnake » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:59 pm

Alynn wrote:Welcome to the board. I'm unsure of the legality of wolf dogs in Nova Scotia, but I don't think they are legal there.
http://www.novascotia.ca/natr/wildlife/ ... f/App2.pdf

This lists any animals considered 'wildlife' that people are permitted to have in NS, and if the animal is not listed it's assumed that they aren't legal. You may want to contact your DNR for further clarification, but I'd assume not.

Ok I would move to own one :)
veralidaine

Postby veralidaine » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi,

I'm from Ontario, Canada (although I'm currently in Quebec for an internship). As far as I can tell, you can keep a wolfdog in Ontario as long as there are no municipal laws against it. I say 'as far as I can tell' because in the Fish and Wildlife conservation act, 'wolf' is listed under the furbearing mammals that can't be privately owned but technically, that's not a wolfdog so....
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:28 pm

Manitoba, Ontario, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Quebec, newbrunswick, PEI, Labrador, and the Yukon are all illegal for wolfdogs. B.C., Saskatchewan , and Alberta are the only Proviences that can own them.

Someone told me they called the Gov't of Ontario, 1-800-667-1940 line and asked where it is documented that this is illegal. The staff member verbally stated that it definitely IS ILLEGAL to do any of the above with wolf/hybrids. She was directed to the following site:

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/DBLaws/S...f41_e.htm#BK46

and under section 3, "wildlife" (this is how wolves would be classified generally, so laws here pertain to them), there are 2 subsections that pertain to a) the propagation of wildlife and b) the selling of live wildlife. BOTH ARE PROHIBITED BY LAW.

From the above website:

Propagation of wildlife
45. (1) A person shall not propagate or offer to propagate game wildlife or specially protected wildlife, or possess it for the purpose of propagation, except under the authority of a licence and in accordance with the regulations.

Buying or selling wildlife and pelts
48. (1) A person shall not buy or sell game wildlife or specially protected wildlife, including pelts, except under the authority of a licence and in accordance with the regulations.

49. A person shall not sell any animal or invertebrate that the person represents as a species of game wildlife or specially protected wildlife unless the person is authorized to sell that species of wildlife. 1997, c. 41, s. 49.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”