PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hello All

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Jinx

Hello All

Postby Jinx » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:23 pm

My name is Jinx, not by birth but it was given to me when I was younger and it stuck.

I am a dog trainer, currently owning three dogs (Great Dane, Low Content wolf/Shepherd and a lab/collie/pit/chow mix) of my own whom are on a mix of high quality dog food and raw. I also have four snakes (Carpet Python and 3 corns), a couple "pet" rats and multiple breeding rats (healthier food for my snakes).

We are looking into getting a Raccoon next and, just as I have with every other animal prior, I am researching thoroughly to give my new bandit baby a wonderful life! I already have a vet familiar with exotic's picked out. I have my class 3 license and am just in the research process to make sure that I do everything to make my new addition as comfortable and happy as possible.

I look forward to learning as much as I can from you all in your experiences.

Thank you guys!
Jinx::Dog Trainer
OES::Low Content Wolf/GSD::Mutt::Carpet Python::2 Corn Snakes::Raccoon
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Hello All

Postby Cindy23323 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:53 pm

Welcome to the forum
Jinx

Postby Jinx » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:59 pm

Thank you very much!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:59 am

Hi! I don't know much about raccoons--I've worked with them a bit, but they're not my cup of tea. But there are quite a few raccoon owners who regularly post in the raccoon forum you can chat with. :) Some are new owners, and there is a lot of good info there.

I'm jealous you've got a carpet python! I love pythons, and I need more, haha. My dad is going to help me build my snake rack. I like ball pythons best, but all of the python species are fascinating and pretty animals. I really am hoping for a burm "soon," but when that will wind up being, I don't really know. Also the green tree pythons are pretty.

Corn snakes are neat, but I don't have experience with them other than holding a friends'. But they're very pretty and come great arrays of colors. I really like the palmetto coloration, but it's too expensive for me. Maybe when they come down in price.

Anyway, welcome!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Jinx

Postby Jinx » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi Ash!
Thanks for the warm welcome!

My Carpet is a doll she's about 8' long give or take and a sweetie. Coastal type I am told but doesn't really matter to me. Balls come in some crazy designs, very awesome! And Green tree pythons are beautiful but I hear they have a bit of a temper. A burm would be awesome but they get far too large for me! haha

Corn snakes are really nice, and calm without getting big. I ADORE the Palmettos but they cost far too much for me to reasonably get one. Unfortunately. I am waiting for the price to come down for sure!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:17 am

Jinx wrote:Hi Ash!
Thanks for the warm welcome!

My Carpet is a doll she's about 8' long give or take and a sweetie. Coastal type I am told but doesn't really matter to me. Balls come in some crazy designs, very awesome! And Green tree pythons are beautiful but I hear they have a bit of a temper. A burm would be awesome but they get far too large for me! haha

Corn snakes are really nice, and calm without getting big. I ADORE the Palmettos but they cost far too much for me to reasonably get one. Unfortunately. I am waiting for the price to come down for sure!

:) If I got a burm, I would want a male since they don't get as large as the females do. But they're pretty sweet. Once it got over a certain length/weight I would not handle it alone though, just to exercise caution.They have good temperaments generally though, but you can't be too careful.

One of the things that attracts me to the green trees is their feisty personality. They're more of a "look-at" pet than something that you hold. But for me, that's okay. That's what my kingsnake is since he's bitey and musks all over. Owners say that you can tame them down when they're young, and then they're less aggressive. Though at least an aggressive snake is probably going to take its food more often than not. And that'll be nice, seeing as ball pythons are so darn picky, lol.

What colors are your corns?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Jinx

Postby Jinx » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:10 pm

That is a very good point. We have a good time handling our Carpet but she's only 8' and easy to handle with only one person. I would completely understand exercising caution once a burm got big enough, just in case.

You'd have to get them just as they are ready to go to get a Green Tree Python to tame it down. I've personally never met a friendly one but I haven't met many anyways haha. Definitely beautiful though!

I have a anery, cream sickle (both are over four years old) and my youngest (almost a year) is a diffused blood red. Nothing insanely "special" but they are awesome and beautiful regardless. Eventually I will probably add some more corns to my collection but that wont be until I can set up some more enclosures. Right now they are in good sized tanks with bio-active substrate, water bowls plenty big enough to completely submerge. I tried snake racks but it wasn't really good for me, lol I like watching my snakes like most people like watching fish haha

Return to “INTRODUCTION”