PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hope to own a fox

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Ragtatter

Re: Hope to own a fox

Postby Ragtatter » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Yeah, I've seen the USDA stuff. I love that they broke it down by age group, but I really wish they had been more thorough when it comes to things like vitamin and mineral content.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:51 pm

At the very least your domesticated rats will have more fat than wild free range rats. So that would throw the values off. Also they probably eat more mice than rats but again domestic mice wont have the same ratios as the various wild species of mice.
Dragua

Postby Dragua » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:35 am

Part of the reason for raising the rats is to ensure you give the rats the nutrients that the foxes need. Try asking a pet shop that sells rats and mice for feed what they are fed to ensure that they have adequate nutrients for their predators. You might be able to talk to a college biology professor maybe. Ask a zoologist to see what wild rats and mice eat. Probably berries, nuts, seeds, bugs. And for the bug-wuggly part use feeder crickets. Our in the summer pick them up. Crickets are very cheap. And they have nutrient mixes to pour on them. There are many sizes of crickets too.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”