PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Nice To Meet You!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

StarXCrossedXWolf

Nice To Meet You!

Postby StarXCrossedXWolf » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:37 pm

Hello all!
You may call me Kia, and I'll admit I've been stalking these forums on and off for the last few months. I'm always been intimidated to actually jump into a group such as this, but everyone here seems really nice and I'd love to find out more information from the owners themselves. I am currently the Mama of 17 critters: Nightcrawler (male short-tailed opossum), Krakatoa "Krak" (male spider ball python), Twitch (male spider het albino ball python), Amarillo (male pastel ball python), Albion (male albino ball python), Rinjani "Rin" (female mojave ball python), Camellia (female mac snow leopard gecko), Warcraft (male blizzard het raptor leopard gecko), Bastilla (female jungle carpet python), Revan (male coastal carpet python), Bane (male harlequin crested gecko), Zannah (female harlequin crested gecko), Bane & Zannah's 3 unsexed babies, Beau (unsexed spotted python), and Dingus (unsexed garden amazon tree boa). If you actually read all of that, than I am impressed! XD

I am currently 21, live in SW FL, and am being taught the ways of a dog trainer. I have spent 4 years volunteering with foxes, wolfdogs, wolves, big cats, and misc. small animals hands-on at a local rescue and sanctuary and loved every minute of it. I unfortunately had to stop going because of work, but hope to return as soon as possible. I have a passion for exotic animals.

I have some huge dreams that I share with my boyfriend of over 2 years (the Daddy to all those fur babies). We have already begun the journey of becoming reptile breeders with our first three successful crested gecko eggs and will soon be finishing all that paperwork that comes with owning a business. We hope to eventually own, breed, and educate people on burmese and reticulated pythons among many, many others. This leads me to the big dream: running an animal educational facility! I would love to own a huge plot of land with canines, felines, reptiles, birds, and other random animals that I work with and that help me teach the public about animals, their places and importance in nature, and many other things. It is something I am constantly trying to make into a reality, even if I'm only doing more research on the matter.

So here I am to ask questions and soak up all your answers! And if you have any questions, feel free to ask! =D
Call me Kia, the mama of:
4.1.0 Ball Pythons
1.1.0 Carpet Pythons
0.0.1 Spotted Python
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
1.1.3 Crested Geckos
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos
1.0.0 Short-Tailed Opossum
And more to come!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nice To Meet You!

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Welcome.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:14 pm

welcome Kia

you sure have quite a collection.
I am very happy to hear of your future dreams. we need more people like you.
we need to explain to the public the pro's and con's of owning exotics.
Many need to hear the truth.

you sound like a very motivated person, and I commend you for that..

hope to hear more about your critters.

Thank you for joining us..
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
StarXCrossedXWolf

Postby StarXCrossedXWolf » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:29 am

TamanduaGirl wrote:Welcome.

Thank you very much!

pat wrote:welcome Kia

you sure have quite a collection.
I am very happy to hear of your future dreams. we need more people like you.
we need to explain to the public the pro's and con's of owning exotics.
Many need to hear the truth.

you sound like a very motivated person, and I commend you for that..

hope to hear more about your critters.

Thank you for joining us..

Thank you! It's growing every time we can afford a new enclosure! We will soon be moving so no creatures for a while, though I'm hoping to adopt a few cats and dogs once we get our own place. I swear I would feed my companions before I would feed myself! XD

I'm honored that you think that! I'm hoping I can make even a little difference in the minds of people in my area, and educate them on everything from animals in the wild to animals in our backyards. I agree, and the best way that I've seen to get through to people is with the introduction to the animals themselves. I have quite the list of animals I plan on taking care of and socializing to be ambassadors.

Thank you again! I truly hope I can give exotic animal owners a better name and promote responsible exotic ownership. I am very motivated to make this happen, and I have a group of people who would very much love to help in this endeavor, which I find priceless.

I'm sure you will here much more about my crazy lil' buggers, I love to talk about them! Is there a specific spot to share stories and pictures, or just make a new topic in the species subforums? Don't want to step on any toes!

Wonderful to meet you both and I hope to have a terrific time here!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:14 am

I personally have raised many different species of animals through out the years. it was quite a learning experience for me.
actually, the reason I started this message board is to help each other with animals. so far, it is working out.

your ideas are great, for people to actually see them in person will be helpful.

a multitude of animals can be a lot of work, but, for us, it is worth it.

you can post about your snakes in this forum:
viewforum.php?f=45

there are other forums for different animals also.
if you have a mix of pictures, there is a forum here for pictures too.

again, thank you for joining us. I am sure your experience and ideas will very helpful to others also.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:25 am

Yay! Another reptile lover! :D Mojave is one of my favorite morphs, actually. I show them to my sister though and she just says, "that looks like every other ball python picture you've shown me," lol. I love the mojave pieds.

I hope you can really educate the public a lot about the big constrictors! There is so much out there that promotes fear, so it would be great to have another person making a difference. Once I'm raising my own rodents, I'm hoping to get a male burm.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! It's great to have another person here. It sounds like you have tons of experience around all sorts of exotic animals. It's great that you found a sanctuary that will let you be hands-on. They are hard to come by.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
StarXCrossedXWolf

Postby StarXCrossedXWolf » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:57 pm

@Pat - I hope I can learn a lot from you and many others over the boards! I know that taking care of that many animals is going to be a 24/7 job, but I know it will indeed be worth it! Thanks for the link, and I'm looking forward to sharing my information and learning as much as I can!

@Ash - I love my little mojave girl! She's the only female ball python I own, so she's my little princess. She's also my littlest ball python, at only about a foot. Hopefully one day she will be the beginning of my Blue Eyed Lucy (solid white with blue eyes) project. It's funny because my SO originally didn't want her, but I got her anyway and then we found out she has the genes for BELs and now he adores her (I think she won him over with her sweet little personality). I would love to have a mojave pied! Sounds beautiful!

The giant snakes are my first step into the world of exotic education, and I'm really looking forward to teaching people about them and wiping away all the lies with truth. Retics in particular have my heart and I'm dreaming of the day when I get my first baby! When you get that Burm, I would love to see it!

Thanks for the welcome, I'm really glad I joined in on the conversations. It's funny that you say that, because I feel like I know very little in comparison to others. The experience I do have is based on wolves and wolfdogs, since I primarily worked with them, and I am very happy I got the opportunity to work with them. You're right, working hands-on with the exotics is a few and far between opportunity.
Call me Kia, the mama of:
4.1.0 Ball Pythons
1.1.0 Carpet Pythons
0.0.1 Spotted Python
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
1.1.3 Crested Geckos
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos
1.0.0 Short-Tailed Opossum
And more to come!
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant