PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

I need information

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Akita

I need information

Postby Akita » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Hello My name is Akita. Recently I have become very interested in owning a fox. Personally I love seeing they can be very active because I love spending hours on end walking my town. There curiosity is very charming also. A friend of mine rescued a few kits and I have bonded with one really well and would like to take it home with me and would absolutely love if people would share there knowledge and experience for learning how to care for these wonderful creatures.
Alynn

Re: I need information

Postby Alynn » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:07 pm

Hi Akita.

Where are you located? Were these wild rescued kits? Do you have legal clearance to have one?
Akita

Postby Akita » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:18 pm

I am Located in Indiana. They are rescued from a illegal back yard breeder (He was legally taken care of) and of course I do. I would not consider getting one unless I had permission thank you for your concern
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:24 pm

You need to get a class 2 possession permit. And even if from the wild long as you got them during trapping season, which it is till the 28th, and got the class 2 permit by 5 days after the close of trapping season you could still keep them. So guess Indiana don't care to much what the source long as you get the permit.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:27 pm

Anyway there is tons of info here if you read through the threads. Otherwise ask questions specifically. That's better than asking for people to just post everything they know about foxes.

They wont walk like dogs though, like have them at heal and walk around town where you want. You walk them more like a ferret or cat, go more where they want but control them with the leash enough to keep them out of trouble.
Akita

Postby Akita » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:34 pm

Thankyou I plan asking around. I have gotten to walk her around the neighborhood and she doesnt like walking with out our elderly dog. So she seems to fallow wherever our dog goes. But I will take heed to your advice

Return to “INTRODUCTION”