PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Eyo~

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

minervasden

Re: Eyo~

Postby minervasden » Thu May 14, 2015 7:47 pm

Your kit will be in the house with you, at least for a time. Your home (and a room or cage inside) is the enclosure and there shouldn't be a problem. It has been a few years since I've needed a fur-bearer permit but you shouldn't have an issue.

Yes, you do need the animal first. You will need your paperwork to show the animal was obtained legally and who from.
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Thu May 14, 2015 7:54 pm

I'd assume the enclosure and perhaps the area? After-all I'm certain there needs to be an enclosure built prior to your getting the kit even though it will be inside for some time at first. I'd assume that what is what would be inspected before getting the permit and bringing the animal home. Sadly I don't know for sure either as she didn't explain what, she just said they'd do an inspection. [And I got nervous and forgot to ask for details]

Yes, we called the number on the permit. For your area it would be (614)644-3925.

edit- Oh, thank you for the information minervasden.
Leopard geckos 3.4 Ball pythons 1.1 Cats 1.2 Fox 1.0
The Household Geckos Tumblr
Violet

Postby Violet » Thu May 14, 2015 8:00 pm

I love it that the folks on this forum, are more informed than those from my local DNR service! I think I made a great choice in choosing this particular site for my questions and such. You guys rock! Everything is printed and ready to go, I guess that just leaves the $25 money order and to send it in. I suppose I'll just label my extra large dog kennel as Rudy's enclosure. The little guy never leaves my side, and I don't think putting me down as his home would fly with them.
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Fri May 15, 2015 11:38 am

Yes I also love how helpful and kind people here are. I tried a few FB groups and while one wasn't rude per say, I got a response that left me nervous to ask anymore questions there.

Also I currently work at a no kill cat shelter[quite a nice facility really] for about three to five hours in the morning so do you all think it would be possible to bring the kit along and let him play in an empty room so long as the people there are ok with it and the kit has had their shots?
Although I'd imagine that might be stressful to them and it would likely be better for them to stay home. I just thought it might be a bit of a long time to be penned up all night and most of the morning seeing as usually nobody else will be around to watch them during the morning either thus they'd have to stay penned up.
Leopard geckos 3.4 Ball pythons 1.1 Cats 1.2 Fox 1.0
The Household Geckos Tumblr
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri May 15, 2015 11:22 pm

As long as the fox as well as the cats have had all their shots, it would probably be okay, imo. Just make sure the kit isn't stressed out by it--but when they are young, they learn to adapt. The cats might be more wary. The staff may be even warier though because foxes are "wild animals" and such. Oh, and if there are a lot of stray cats coming in and going, it may not be wise just in case one of them was sick with something. Though probably most shelters have quarantine protocols--so I don't know if you'd ever have to worry about that (but you'd know more since you work there).

I'm glad you guys like Sybil's Den. :) We all try to be nice here, lol. :icon-wink: Several awesome members here are administrators in the facebook groups, and their groups are the best ones (not like I'm biased or anything, lol, but they actually know their stuff and are good at moderating).

The thing I don't like about facebook groups though is that the information just... goes away. You lose track of it in an instant, and if you want to look back on a question you asked a year ago--it's gone and you'll never find it again. With a forum, all the info is saved and sorted appropriately, is viewable to everyone, and is easily accessible. So in my opinion, a forum is a better place to be since you can actually READ stuff and FIND answers. And all the questions you ask "get archived" so you can return to them if you forget something.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas

Return to “INTRODUCTION”