PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Elk for one

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

lauriafter

Elk for one

Postby lauriafter » Fri May 15, 2015 8:29 pm

Hey there !

My name is Lauri and it took me a few months too much to join here ! I really wanted to access everything.

In my life (somewhere along the line), I would love to own exotics as well as to be in a position to educate about responsible exotic animal ownership.

Here's a short list of what I'd like to share my life with : wolfdog, coydog (I really hope Wildside will still be breeding in like... a long time), hedgehog (although I plan to have one in the next two years or so), a zebra (I don't know why more people don't have zebras, they're so cool!) and I think that's it. Maybe a fox, but I doubt that's going to be possible as they're starting to be more illegal, like everywhere, so I can only imagine in thirty years what a legal map chart will look like.

In my dreams, I imagine myself raising an elk and breeding it to the nicest elk until I can finally ride a majestic elk. I know some people in Russia ride reindeer ! One day I will fulfill my duty and ride into town with my elk like in GOT.

Basically, I'm here to read funny things and also learn a lot. Thanks for having me!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Elk for one

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri May 15, 2015 10:11 pm

Yeah laws on owning elk and other "deer type" species is way more strict than fox pretty much everywhere cuz of CWD fears and their being native. Like my state allows for a like 5(not sure the number but it's small) permits in the whole state. To ever get one someone else has to let theirs go. It was getting to be a hassle for the petting zoo I worked with to travel with their deer.

Also reindeer are domesticated so it's not the same.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Elk for one

Postby Ash » Fri May 15, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi, and welcome! Some states it is easier to get elks in, but cervids (as TG said) almost always must have a lot of testing done before being imported to your state. Utah actually isn't too bad with cervids--but the UT Department of Agriculture has a list of things you need to get them tested for prior to bringing them into the state. But the harder part is getting approve by the UT Wildlife Department to own one.

Coydogs and wolfdogs and foxes. Lol, we sound like we could be best friends, haha.

I think it would be awesome to ride an elk. :) They're SO huge...
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas

Return to “INTRODUCTION”