PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hi-a

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Civilization

Hi-a

Postby Civilization » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:33 pm

Well, just found this place and was surprised to see a in dept forum for all sorts of animals. I'm a huge fan of Mustelidae and know general information about all of them. Glad to see this place has more than just the ferret/weasel archetype that people seem to give them elsewhere. Really want to learn more about other species to and this also looks like a great place for that. Hope this is a friendly place, look forward to hopefully being around.
Always up for a good conversation.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi-a

Postby pat » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:33 pm

welcome, very glad you joined us. you will find many knowledgeable members here, and of course friendly.
we try to cover as many different animal species as we can.

This is a great place to learn more about other species. We give as accurate information based on our experience per animal.
we are very up front and honest. If you ask a question, and it is not answered in a timely manor, be patient,
that means we are just busy with our animals, work etc. again, we are here to help.
if you ever have any problems with a member, please let me know. we don't tolerate rude personal posts.
honestly, the moderators are great for catching anything that is out of line.

sure do hope you stick around, feel free to post, ask or answer questions. we all learn from each other.
Thank you again for joining us.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:01 pm

Welcome!

I love mustelids too! I have to admit I love all of them, but a few of them top my list. I hear Tayras and Grisons make great pets, and also they are some of the only truly social mustelids in the wild.

What's your favorite species?
Civilization

Postby Civilization » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:16 pm

I find personal experience the best thing to listen to compared to just reading a book or some internet page, there's just something about experience that is, I don't know, more real I guess.

And slow doesn't bother me, friendly is always nice, thanks for the welcome. I do look forward to being around at least. I'm not really knowledgeable myself so I might not have anything to add anywhere. Maybe a question or two... Though I'm glad to hear this is a friendly community.

Yeah, I love all Mustelids too. Ah, Tayras and Grisons, very interesting, definitely on the more unique end of the spectrum. I'm used to dealing with ferrets, weasels, martens, minks, otters, the more common ones, at least to me.

My favorite is the ferret, I'm a sucker for the domesticated polecat. And thanks for the welcome!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:02 pm

It's rare for anyone to have an otter but more people at least know what they are. Tayra's a great when bottle raised.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:58 pm

Ooh, tayras!! :) My sister loves them a lot and keeps wanting me to "get one," lol.

Welcome to the forum! I really like marbled polecats!
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Civilization

Postby Civilization » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:33 pm

Yeah, and at least Otters are one of the species in the group not put under the ferret/weasel umbrella. I've have no personal experience with a Tayra, that must be pretty amazing to raise one!

Thanks for the welcomes still! Marbled Polecat eh, Polecats are some fun critters to deal with.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”