PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hello everyone!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

MommyJen

Hello everyone!

Postby MommyJen » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:15 pm

I am from Albion, NY..halfway between Rochester and Buffalo along Lake Ontario. I have done rehab work for almost 30 years, mainly small mammals (squirrel, woodchuck, possum) and birds. I own and operate a pet boarding facility with a grooming shop and pet supply store as well. In NY it is difficult or impossible to obtain permits for alot of the animals listed on here, so I get my fix with rehab work. I also spend ALOT of time on dog rescue. I currently work with PAWS Animal Shelter in Albion, as well as Save A Sato in Puerto Rico. I foster 4 dogs and one cat at present at my shop the Olde Dogge Inn. I have a bunch of domestic animals as well. 10 dogs, 4 cats, 4 mini donkeys, 2 parrots, 28 chickens, 2 geese(one with club foot, one with wry neck...both very spoiled) and 4 lavender turkeys. I am so jealous of those of you who get to legally house some of these really cool animals. I will live vicariously through your posts!! :piggy:
Whisper

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby Whisper » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:28 pm

That must be fun taking care of wild life(: and mini donkeys are so cute! Welcome to the form(;
Owner of a Red fox, magpie harlequin, and a Netherland dwarf
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:26 am

Hi! It's great to have you here! :) I always think it would be fun to work with squirrels, but I never have gotten the chance. I particularly like Prevost squirrels (a beautiful exotic species) and I believe they are legal to own in NY, if you're interested. Not for sure though.

That's awesome that you do boarding. I've been doing that this past year, and I've enjoyed it. Just at my house though--not at a facility. I do really like it. You get to experience a lot of different dog breeds and love them for a short while and then send them home. I'm currently boarding/fostering a dog right now (kind of hard to explain). I like having her around.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I would love to see pics of your doggies. Ten is a LOT of dogs, lol.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:19 pm

jen,

so glad to see you joined us here.

wow, you sure do have lots of pets. would love to see some pictures when you get time.
the lavender turkeys sounds unique.

I personally want to thank you for helping so many animals out there.
shows your love for animals.

again,thank you for joining us, the members here are great people, you fit in perfect.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:58 pm

Welcome! So glad you could join us! icon-smile

That is amazing what you are doing, helping all those animals. And you have so many amazing pets too! I currently have over 60 chickens, but not any geese (yet :icon-wink: ).

I'm hoping to get a permit to begin working with orphaned wildlife next year, so I can start a wildlife rehab center of my own. I'd love to learn some things about you, since I'm a newbie at all this. 'm so excited though!

We helped one squirrel before, who was hit by a car. We nursed her back to health in are bath-room. She was pregnant (which we didn't know) and ended up having some kits in our bathroom! However, the cage set-up wasn't made for them and they ended up dying. :cry:

I'd love to get the chance to help some orphaned squirrels survive and get released back into the wild.

Again, welcome!
MommyJen

Postby MommyJen » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:23 pm

IMG_0040.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MommyJen

Postby MommyJen » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:25 pm

IMG_0199.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MommyJen

Postby MommyJen » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:29 pm

IMG_2530.JPG
MommyJen

Postby MommyJen » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:33 pm

IMG_0124.JPG
Whisper

Postby Whisper » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:04 am

Awww they are so cute! I love your pig<3 i want one, but unfortunately, i can't get one..):
Owner of a Red fox, magpie harlequin, and a Netherland dwarf
Ana

Postby Ana » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:00 am

Oh my goodness, I am IN LOVE with that pig!! Welcome to the forum, fellow New Yorker! :-)
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:34 pm

thank you for the pictures. I too loved the pig. liked them all. the little dog with the hat was so darn cute.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

Return to “INTRODUCTION”