PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

A Belated Hello

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Minty

A Belated Hello

Postby Minty » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:34 pm

So I joined and asked questions, but never took the time to introduce myself! Silly me, well here I go. Hopefully I can make sense and not be too annoying about it. :lol: I have loved animals all my life, and according to my mom, I wanted to be a veterinarian as soon as I was old enough to understand what a vet is, 3 years old she says. I planned on being one up until 15, when I still wanted to be one, but realized how hard it may be to get a job. So at the grand old age of 15 I decided I'd try to be a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner. Back to loving animals though, I was raised riding horses, bottle feeding puppies (my grandparents had a bitch who would have 10+ pups every litter, and of course she couldn't handle them all. So we'd number the pups and every few hours 1-5 would get bottle fed, and then next time we'd take 6-10), and loving animals in general. Then in March of 2011, National Geographic released a magazine on Russian Domesticated foxes. I immediately wanted one of course. :roll: That led me to searching pet foxes and finding Tiny Tracks, and searching about foxes until I saw Fennecs, I died and went to heaven from the sheer cute. At this point I don't have a fox, but some time in the future, I'm sure I'll either get a Grey or a Fennec. Hopefully both eventually icon-smile . Well thats my speel, if you took the time to read through all of it, you have my sincerely apologies! I'm probably gonna stick around and bug you all endlessly now. :twisted: Mwahahaha
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A Belated Hello

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:27 pm

Welcome.

Until I learned to say veterinarian properly I'm told I would say veteran and cause a few laughs and/or confused looks. I similarly decided against it once I learned more. Oddly I later started on a pre-pre-med course in high school till we moved and that put a stop to that as it was only a local thing. It would have finished with going to see cadavers and an autopsy. I really would have liked that. But also physiology was pretty hard. I may not have actually been cut out for either.
Minty

Postby Minty » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:35 pm

:lol: Glad my family didn't do that to me! Pretty sure I just said vet.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:39 am

Misty,

a belated welcome. glad you joined us.
very happy to hear you are researching foxes proper care and needs prior to getting one.
You and your fox will be glad you did.

for a career choice, go for the vet. they make more money than a nurse.
I think since you love animals, you will be happier as a vet.
(no not veteran, but, a veterinarian) :lol:
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:10 pm

Welcome to the forum! So glad you could join! : )

Becoming a vet is a ton of work, which is why I want to be a wildlife rehabber or foster pets from the shelter, so I can work with just as many animals but not spend all the money on college.

Best of luck finding your dream fox (or foxes!) icon-smile
Minty

Postby Minty » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:10 pm

Even if a vet makes more, I can go back to school after a few years as an RN to become a NP (which make more on average than vets), if I'm financially stable enough to do so (Otherwise, becoming an RN takes less school and has higher projected growth (as far as available jobs). I'd rather play it safe, and unless I get a bunch of scholarships, I couldn't afford vet school anyway. When it comes down to it, I'm sure most people who aren't such extreme animal lovers as some of the members on this board, would be paying for their own bills before their pets. It seems it would be easier to have and keep a job.
On another note, I'm considering getting a Flying Squirrel or "cheap" (since cheap is relative, I'm referring to in comparison to keeping a fox) exotic that I can adequately care for since I'll be waiting to get a fox until I know I can provide a good environment for one.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”