PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

hello again!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

kaneki

hello again!

Postby kaneki » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:35 pm

hey everyone! some of you may remember me.. my old username was bailee but I couldn't remember my password or anything.. i've matured and changed a lot since then.. I was still in my teens before.. I wasn't awful but I was still learning who I was and such so I think I probably didn't come off the best.

I do not go by the name bailee anymore though, so you can call me ken or my username now please!

I still have my two cats, natasha and pepper, and my shiba inu, kiba. two of my rabbits passed away (sabriel from GI stasis + the meds he was given for it by a not so great vet and silas had to be put down because of old age sickness) and solara is still here and thriving! I also have a grove snail (kodachi) now and a centipede (mukade)! :-D

I still have desires to, one day, have exotic pets such as foxes and jungle cats and servals (or chausies/savannahs)! which id obviously why I love this forum sooooo much. that is not in the books right now but one day me and my s/o want to get them! (yeah, im no longer single!)

anyway I hope to get to know all of you again and talk animals :-3c
2 cats | 1 shiba inu | 1 rabbit | 1 grove snail | 1 centipede | 9 chickens
GitaBooks

Re: hello again!

Postby GitaBooks » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:28 pm

Hey, welcome back! icon-smile

Growing-up sure is an experience, both good and bad (not that adults always act mature :lol: ). I'm turning eighteen this year myself.

I love your animal's names by the way. : )
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:30 pm

Welcome back! :mrgreen: I remember who you are, lol. It's great to see you posting again. Also awesome to see that even after several years you still have interests in exotic pets. For many people, that desire dies down after their teenage years.

Don't know as much about invertebrates. I'm a little weirded out by centipedes, but still like learning about them since they're an animal nonetheless, lol. Feel similar about the grove snails, but always wanting to see why other people like them. This year I fell in love with tarantulas (who'd have thought?), so I can't say I don't love some invertebrates. Probably with exposure to different types of invertebrates I would get used to them a lot more.

I look forward to hearing about your new goals and talking more with ya. :))
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:54 pm

When I was a kid I'd put my hand down in front of the wild banana slugs and they'd climb on and nibble on me.

I guess you're not really supposed to touch your slug and snail pets though.
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:44 am

I love tarantulas, I think they're cute. :mrgreen:
I also like Hermit Crabs and I'm trying to teach myself to like scorpions, centipedes and millipedes but its a slow process. They remind me a little too much of crickets, which I've had bad experiences with. They tended to die, eat each other, and they really stink. I also had the job of feeding a baby bird chopped meal-worms. Yeah, that is really, really gross. I'm not going to go into details, but lets just say when the head starts crawling away and the back end is stuck to your finger.... that's why I currently don't have any lizards. I needed a break from the meal worms and crickets. icon-smile

I hope I always love exotic animals. : )
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:26 pm

LOL well if your feeding birds you can feed frozen thawed insects instead. If I catch live ants or a grub that's too big for Pua I can freeze them then feed and or cut it up once it's thawed out.

Lizards like their insects live though. Not sure if there are any you could get to eat prekilled insects.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”