PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Just found this site

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

drdolittle

Just found this site

Postby drdolittle » Sat May 07, 2016 3:10 am

I live in North Carolina, and have a few acres of woods, that border my house. I used to try to feed my birds and animals the correct way, by hanging them up ... only to find them torn down all the time. Well, I started getting sick, so I just started throwing my bird seed and nuts on the deck. My newest visitor is a gray fox. He is a little curious, and waits for me to throw out some turkey, chicken, hamburger, or apples. I have several squirrels that visit everyday. One of my newest and one of my favorites is an Indigo bunting, I think. He is all blue, and beautiful. Haven't seen many wild turkeys lately. I used to have about 22 of them in my backyard. I have deer, and raccoons, hawks. I used to have a Golden Eagle, he even landed on the deck several times. Rabbits are few around here, but once in a while you see a lucky one. Love my wild animals, and have great stories to share of everyday adventures in my backyard.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just found this site

Postby Ash » Sat May 07, 2016 3:16 am

Welcome to the board! I'm glad you could find us.

I like hearing about the animals in the wild. I focus a lot on the captive side, but it's refreshing to hear about experiences like yours. You've got quite a lot of visitors showing up at your place, it sounds like.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
drdolittle

Postby drdolittle » Sat May 07, 2016 3:28 am

I do. Lots of cardinals,tit mouses, woodpeckers, chickadees. I guess the only problem that I don't like is when the Opossum comes on the deck at night and poops while he is eating. YUCK.... but a few days ago, I loaded up my new fox with food flying over the high deck that I feed them from. He ... the fox ate till he couldn't hardly walk back to the woods .... only to return to Poop on my deck. Darn, hope I can train him not to do that, lol.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat May 07, 2016 3:32 am

Haha. Animals will be animals. :P
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat May 07, 2016 9:13 am

Welcome drdolittle

what a interesting mix of animal visitors you have, hope you can get videos or pictures, I sure would love to see that.
sure is a great a way to see so many different species of animals. way less work than owning all of them. :lol:

as for the pooping on the deck, just put a big sign that reads "To all visitors: No pooping on the deck" :lol:

again, welcome, really glad you joined us.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Wed May 11, 2016 12:01 pm

Welcome!
Don't be disgusted by some of the animals who poop where they eat. Wild fox are notorious for this. It's their way of saying, "Dis iz MINE!" Possums, I'm not sure. I think they just go wherever, and whenever it suits them :lol: , but could also be marking their territory, too.
Enjoy your wildies! Like Pat said, best when you can enjoy them without having all the work of owning them. icon-smile
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey

Return to “INTRODUCTION”