PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Hi

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

summer

Hi

Postby summer » Tue May 17, 2016 3:24 pm

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi.
I have researched on this forum numerous times, but never had any input or knowledge to share. I love exotics ( I have limited experience with them ) but I have owned and cared for a variety of animals and birds over the years.
In the next year or two or three I hope to adopt a few exotics after researching and doing some more homework and I felt this was a great place to start :)
I live in Pa, so if anyone else is from here, or has info to share about our states laws please feel free:) I have been in contact with the PGC, I would love to one day legally own a fox or smaller exotic cat. From the sound of it all, I have a lot of hoops to jump through. Not to mention the required two years of experience.
Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and pop in every now and then, so if I do ask questions I don't feel totally scammerish :)
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi

Postby pat » Tue May 17, 2016 3:40 pm

Welcome Summer. glad you could join us. lots of great info on many species of animals.

I am from PA, yep, not easy to get a permit. but, not impossible.

here is a link to their site:
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=9069
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue May 17, 2016 3:54 pm

Welcome hope you can get things worked out so you can have your choice of pet.
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Tue May 17, 2016 4:49 pm

Welcome. If the PA regs give you a headache, you can always move over here to Ohio which is fox friendly. Not so friendly to most exotic cats anymore however.
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
summer

Postby summer » Tue May 17, 2016 5:36 pm

That is a great idea @minervasden I have family in Ohio :) Unfortunately, there are unimportant things such as life and jobs that are higher on the priority list then a fox. And I have a slightly romantic view of cats unfortunately. As a child we went to a cabin in rural Pa right down the road from a retired zoo keeper from Florida. He had bobcats as house pets, and walked his mountain lion cub and wolves on a leash. I have no idea how legal or okay this all was, but it made a very big impression :) He still lives there...maybe one day I will get my nerve up and visit. He had amazing enclosures built and I am sure could be a wealth of information. However, living in such a remote area, I always had the feeling he wanted to be left in peace :)
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue May 17, 2016 6:47 pm

Welcome, Summer. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Mon May 23, 2016 11:09 am

Welcome, summer! Glad to have you on board!
I live in PA, too - south central area, just south of Harrisburg. Where (roughly) are you located?
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Tue May 24, 2016 10:42 am

Welcome to the forum! So glad you could join! : )

Its so awesome that you are doing research before you get them. It always helps so much (take that from personal experience). What species do you most want? There are so many awesome choices out there, it can be so hard to decide. Maybe finding a local breeder of one of the species will make it easier to choose?

Return to “INTRODUCTION”