Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

HEY!! Im New

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

mrscline8821

Re: HEY!! Im New

Postby mrscline8821 » Fri May 27, 2016 3:25 pm

how do i get pics up on here
GODDESS
Ana

Postby Ana » Fri May 27, 2016 4:11 pm

Some people have had trouble with litter training, I haven't, here's what I do!

Every room they have access to should have a pan. A larger room can have several small pans initially, you can decrease as they get better control. Coons use latrines frequently in the wild, they want a latrine. Make sure the sides are low enough that they can clamber in and out. I keep baby
wipes handy so there's no residual mess. Once they're a year or so old, you can *try* removing some litter pans. I've got a large cement mixing tub in a wooden housing box with a single entry hole in the living room, and everybody uses that. I'll get some pictures, the top flips open for cleaning, it's been really effective! Coons don't bury their waste, so definitely be prepared to do the litter 2-3x per day, it's quick and easy, and prevents human olfactory trauma, haha

EDIT: I use imgur for pics, when you upload, it gives you the link, which you can pop in here!
Here's Charb passed out http://imgur.com/cZK06Ds
mrscline8821

Postby mrscline8821 » Sat May 28, 2016 3:01 pm

coons.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GODDESS
Ana

Postby Ana » Sat May 28, 2016 7:26 pm

OH MY GOODNESS that little face on the right!!

We need to get all the babies from this year together for a play date, the pictures would be hilarious. :3
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Sun May 29, 2016 4:25 am

Ahh, I love coon babies. Did you get rid of the ticks? You are going to want to vaccinate them against distemper as well. Don't use a live vaccine. Pat- did I read right-you have babies too?
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun May 29, 2016 9:58 am

Trefoil wrote: Pat- did I read right-you have babies too?

yep, got two, will post them them in the raccoon forum..

mrscline882,
welcome, please post more about your two kids in the raccoon forum, you will get more info there..
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
mrscline8821

Postby mrscline8821 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:13 pm

YESS the babies are all tick free:)
And where do i find just the coon forum??
GODDESS
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:23 pm

Click on the board index and scroll down, its the first heading under furry friends
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:11 pm

here is a direct link:
viewforum.php?f=91
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Badger

Postby Badger » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:38 am

I'm not a know it all, but I teach HS science, all sciences, so I have to make it my job to know about these things. Also, there is published research showing successful vaccination of coons for rabies in the wild with treated bait in several states, including California . I cannot understand why anyone would say you can't vaccinate coons for rabies bcs it gives them rabies. That is insane and these people have no clue how immunization works.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:58 pm

That's not good enough for the government. Those show giving the oral vaccine out in bait decreases rabies in the local population. It's not controlled population of coons in a lab showing none got it from the vaccine and showing what the percent success rate is and it still lacks the study showing what their incubation period is to show what a quarantine period should be. Without all of that it's off label and not considered a valid vaccination for captive animals or wild ones for that matter even if you could some how prove a wild one was one that ate the bait it would still be killed for testing if it bit someone as will your pet even if vaccinated.

The rabies vaccines are all killed or recombinant. However exotics HAVE been shown to be able to contract the diseases from vaccines that are modified live, like distemper mod live. But it's impossible to get rabies or other disease from reccombinat and should not be possible from killed unless they did something horribly wrong when making it.
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:43 pm

Its not something the government is going to spend money on because so few people get rabies from coons, and also it takes money to get vaccines "approved" so pharm companies aren't going there until/unless they can see huge profits coming from it. Even worse, it would null the biggest excuse against legalizing pet coons.
As an aside, years ago, my vet told me that the more immunizations I (he was talking in general) gave my horses, the more likely they were to be able to fight off disease. In 50+ years, I've never had reason to doubt him. Because its so important I'm going to echo Mary's warning. Don't give "live" vaccines to coons.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”