Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Hello

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

squirrely steve

Hello

Postby squirrely steve » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:19 pm

Hello

My name is Steve
I live on a small six acre farm out in Iowa in USA.
I live here with my wife Sheri.
I am a licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator for Iowa.
I got the nick name Squirrely Steve about 10 years ago from taking care of and rehabbing
Tree Squirrels.
They are some of my favorite pick of animals.
I have took care of many Squirrels from very young pinkies to old.
I take care of them and get them raised or back feeling better...then release at a No Hunting State Preserve.

I have also Rehabbed Wood chucks, Coyotes, Skunks, Raccoons, Opossums, Cotton Tail
Rabbits, and Bats.
We also have had some domestic farm animals and some birds.
Dogs, Cats, Sheep, Pot Belly Pigs, Rabbits, Chickens, Guinea Fowl, Geese,..
Some how I work a full time job in a family owned machine shop.
Some days are very busy and long taking care of many animals and daily farm repairs and
running a machine shop.
Last year I experienced some Rehabilitator Burn out and have to not take in as many animals
now.

I am looking to expand my Knowledge and learn more on the Raccoons and other exotics.
I keep running into Questions, and that is how I found this message board.
I can offer some advise and knowledge back on some of the critters I have took care of,
especially on Squirrels.

Thanks
Squirrely Steve
urofan

Re: Hello

Postby urofan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:30 pm

Welcome to the Sybil's Den Forum.
squirrely steve

Postby squirrely steve » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:57 pm

urofan wrote:Welcome to the Sybil's Den Forum.

Hi "urofan"

Thanks
Whisper

Postby Whisper » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:17 pm

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find the answers your looking for, and I'm sure your knowledge will be appreciate :).
Owner of a Red fox, magpie harlequin, and a Netherland dwarf
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:10 am

Welcome! It's great to have you here. I'm very interested in tree squirrels--mostly exotic tree squirrels like Prevost's squirrels. :)
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
squirrely steve

Postby squirrely steve » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:56 pm

Whisper wrote:Welcome to the forum! I hope you find the answers your looking for, and I'm sure your knowledge will be appreciate :).

Hi Whisper

Thanks for the Welcome.
Thanks I got some questions ready for the Raccoon section.
I hope I can help out.
squirrely steve

Postby squirrely steve » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:59 pm

Ash wrote:Welcome! It's great to have you here. I'm very interested in tree squirrels--mostly exotic tree squirrels like Prevost's squirrels. :)

Hi Ash

Thanks for the Welcome.
Cool I was hoping some of you guys like Squirrels.
I never heard of Prevost's squirrels.
I look forward in learning about New Animals.
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:08 am

Hi- Glad to have you.
squirrely steve

Postby squirrely steve » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:15 pm

Trefoil wrote:Hi- Glad to have you.

Hi Trefoil

Thanks Glad to be here
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:33 pm

Hi there. Welcome. ^^ I like squirrels too. I used to help bottle feed young ones at a wildlife rehabilitation center I used to volunteer at. We had red and grey squirrels there.

That's really cool that you get to work with rehabbing raccoons and coyotes too. :) Here in Texas the center wasn't allowed to take in any raccoons or coyotes because of rabies risk laws. :( Same with foxes too which I also would've loved to help rehab.

We mostly had squirrels, opossums, and various birds at the center.

It still exists. I just unfortunately don't have the time to volunteer there anymore with my current work schedule as I was volunteering there while I was unemployed and looking for a job.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:40 pm

Forgot to say we also had rabbits sometimes at the center.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
squirrely steve

Postby squirrely steve » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:48 pm

caninesrock wrote:Hi there. Welcome. ^^ I like squirrels too. I used to help bottle feed young ones at a wildlife rehabilitation center I used to volunteer at. We had red and grey squirrels there.

That's really cool that you get to work with rehabbing raccoons and coyotes too. :) Here in Texas the center wasn't allowed to take in any raccoons or coyotes because of rabies risk laws. :( Same with foxes too which I also would've loved to help rehab.

We mostly had squirrels, opossums, and various birds at the center.

It still exists. I just unfortunately don't have the time to volunteer there anymore with my current work schedule as I was volunteering there while I was unemployed and looking for a job.

Hi Caninesrock

Thanks for the Welcome.
Awesome glad you like squirrels too.
It must of been cool to volunteer and feed squirrels at the wildlife rehabilitation center.
I have 8 eastern grey squirrels and 2 red fox squirrels right now.

It is real cool to work with raccoons and coyotes.
After I get my raccoon pictures and stories posted I would like to post some pictures of my coyotes that I rehabbed.
I had to get rabies shots to be able to work with the raccoons and coyotes and Bats.
I would like to rehab a river otter and a deer fawn and a Fox also some day.

Sorry that you do not have the time to volunteer at the center any more.
I know well about work schedule conflicts I fight to keep my rehabbing going.
It gets real busy here at the machine shop sometimes and some days are slow.
Its been busy here the last few days.
I just got caught up so time to catch up here.

Thanks
Steve
squirrely steve

Postby squirrely steve » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:53 pm

caninesrock wrote:Forgot to say we also had rabbits sometimes at the center.

Hi Caninesrock

Cotton Tail Rabbits are the hardest animals I have ever rehabbed.
That awesome the center takes them in.

Steve
Badger

Postby Badger » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:01 pm

Hello everyone. I found your forum & I loved reading some of the posts here. Especially about raccoons, since I have raised one into adulthood and now have 3 orphans, 2 boys & 1 girl.
I live in SW ND, where it is illegal to 'possess' wildlife. About 2010 or a little earlier, the last 'license' for rehabilitators was allowed to 'expire' and no one in the entire state as far as I know can help any wildlife at all.
I find this reprehensible. There should be a place to take injured/orphaned wildlife bcs people who are not equipped with the skills etc. will often attempt to 'help' said wildlife, causing more problems.
Anyway, my husband & I ranch on the Cannonball River not far from the SD border. We are very isolated regarding neighbors, so our ranch is a perfect place to raise orphaned wildlife.
We work our cows horseback, so we have plenty of horses. We also have a Bluetick named Annabelle, a 15yo Blue heeler (I used to raise them) named Ranger who is blind.
The 1st raccoon we raised barely had her eyes open and was found in our shop screaming. We raised her & named her Cricket. She slept in our bed with us & was allowed to come & go in & out of the house as she pleased. She was able to open our door. She got bred during her 1st heat cycle and had 4 kits, but I believe she killed 3 of the 4 and the other was small & stressed. They died 4 days after birth.
Then several months later, after she'd gone back to her normal self, she walked off one night to roam, as she always did, and never came home. We know she died. We have a lot of coyotes here. We were heartbroken, as I know you all well know. So 2 months later we got Annabelle.
Now just a week ago a neighbor called us about 3 baby coons wandering the prairie terrified. We went & got them. They were probably about 4-5 weeks old. Terrified & covered in tick, we tamed them the 1st night & now they are fat & happy.
I am so happy to find a place to share my stories & hear more stories!
If you like, you can visit my Flickr page. I am a semi-pro photographer & HS science teacher. I have a LOT of pics of Cricket, but only have put a few online. There are some on Flickr.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hoherzranch/
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:22 pm

Hi You should feel right at home here. I was introduced to coons in the same way, many many years ago and have been hooked ever since.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”