Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Hello

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Chipmom

Re: Hello

Postby Chipmom » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:03 am

Hello Squirrelly Steve!
I too love squirrels and I raised a grey squirrel once because I was caught between a rock and hard place with the laws and a rehab place where I used to live. He was tiny bottle baby just cutting teeth and unable to even crack a peanut yet I couldn't let them put him down.
He was a one person animal, but he he did get released to be with the squirrels as an adult.
I don't like the fact that some rehab situations and laws put people in positions like that, it gets my blood boiling!!
That was many years ago.
Now I live in NJ and have a Siberian Chipmunk and she is legal here in NJ. Some states have some weird laws, you know you need a permit for a ferret I read? But not a chipmunk? A permit for a grey squirrel but not a red squirrel and can't have a prairie dog? Crazy.
I don't know what you know about chipmunks, but if you ever do have a chipmunk question let me know.
denisthemalice

Postby denisthemalice » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:16 pm

I love squirrels... What do you do during winter time with them?
Chipmom

Postby Chipmom » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:32 am

Hello, nice to meet you! I had a grey squirrel I saved a long time ago. It's how I fell in love with squirrels. I always liked them. But after my baby boy I fell in love.
I have a chipmunk now. She is a member of the squirrel family, and she does have a lot of squirrelly behaviorisms, she also has her own chipmunk unique behaviorisms too.
Funny how that squirrelness crosses the border.
And I love how you have experience with all those other critters.
While I did volunteer at a rehab once it was many moons ago and I enjoyed it.
I enjoy this forum with all these posts to read it's a lot!!
Chipmom

Postby Chipmom » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:33 am

Lol I realized I posted a hello already it's been a long day and I'm tired so you got two hello welcomes from me, lol
squirrely steve

Postby squirrely steve » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:11 pm

Badger wrote:Hello everyone. I found your forum & I loved reading some of the posts here. Especially about raccoons, since I have raised one into adulthood and now have 3 orphans, 2 boys & 1 girl.
I live in SW ND, where it is illegal to 'possess' wildlife. About 2010 or a little earlier, the last 'license' for rehabilitators was allowed to 'expire' and no one in the entire state as far as I know can help any wildlife at all.
I find this reprehensible. There should be a place to take injured/orphaned wildlife bcs people who are not equipped with the skills etc. will often attempt to 'help' said wildlife, causing more problems.
Anyway, my husband & I ranch on the Cannonball River not far from the SD border. We are very isolated regarding neighbors, so our ranch is a perfect place to raise orphaned wildlife.
We work our cows horseback, so we have plenty of horses. We also have a Bluetick named Annabelle, a 15yo Blue heeler (I used to raise them) named Ranger who is blind.
The 1st raccoon we raised barely had her eyes open and was found in our shop screaming. We raised her & named her Cricket. She slept in our bed with us & was allowed to come & go in & out of the house as she pleased. She was able to open our door. She got bred during her 1st heat cycle and had 4 kits, but I believe she killed 3 of the 4 and the other was small & stressed. They died 4 days after birth.
Then several months later, after she'd gone back to her normal self, she walked off one night to roam, as she always did, and never came home. We know she died. We have a lot of coyotes here. We were heartbroken, as I know you all well know. So 2 months later we got Annabelle.
Now just a week ago a neighbor called us about 3 baby coons wandering the prairie terrified. We went & got them. They were probably about 4-5 weeks old. Terrified & covered in tick, we tamed them the 1st night & now they are fat & happy.
I am so happy to find a place to share my stories & hear more stories!
If you like, you can visit my Flickr page. I am a semi-pro photographer & HS science teacher. I have a LOT of pics of Cricket, but only have put a few online. There are some on Flickr.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hoherzranch/

Hi Badger

Nice to meet you.
Welcome to the Forum
I am still new learning my way around this place.
Your area where you live sounds cool.
Sorry to hear though that there is not much help with rehabbing wildlife.
That is awesome that you have helped some wildlife out...Thanks
There is some great information here for us to read and ask about and use.
Good Luck with your new babies.

Steve
squirrely steve

Postby squirrely steve » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:33 pm

Chipmom wrote:Hello Squirrelly Steve!
I too love squirrels and I raised a grey squirrel once because I was caught between a rock and hard place with the laws and a rehab place where I used to live. He was tiny bottle baby just cutting teeth and unable to even crack a peanut yet I couldn't let them put him down.
He was a one person animal, but he he did get released to be with the squirrels as an adult.
I don't like the fact that some rehab situations and laws put people in positions like that, it gets my blood boiling!!
That was many years ago.
Now I live in NJ and have a Siberian Chipmunk and she is legal here in NJ. Some states have some weird laws, you know you need a permit for a ferret I read? But not a chipmunk? A permit for a grey squirrel but not a red squirrel and can't have a prairie dog? Crazy.
I don't know what you know about chipmunks, but if you ever do have a chipmunk question let me know.

Hi Chipmom

Cool glad you love squirrels too.
Aww...your little grey baby sounded tiny.
Thanks for saving him and raising and releasing.

Yes I agree too on the laws and rehab situations get kind of crazy.
How are we suppose to recruit new people in helping to rehab when you can not touch some of the different wild life.
And the crazy/weird laws are all over the place...can have this animal but not that one...

That is Awesome you have a Siberian Chipmunk...and It is Legal very cool.
I am sad to say That I have took in two different Chipmunks babies over the years but lost them both in the first 24 hours do to them being hurt to bad.
There so tiny and fragile.
I hope some day I will get another chance to help some.
I will remember and ask you if I have any chipmunk questions.

Thanks
Squirrely Steve
squirrely steve

Postby squirrely steve » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:43 pm

denisthemalice wrote:I love squirrels... What do you do during winter time with them?

Hi denisthemalice

Cool Glad you love squirrels too.
I try to raise and release as many Squirrels as I can by Oct 1 here.
After Oct 1 any squirrels I have, I winter them over.
I winter them over in my rehab room attached to the farm house.
I keep the groups as small as possible so they do not fight as much.
We add lots of tree branches and try to keep them entertained.
Then around April/May when the leaves pop open we release them.
They are very ready from the long winter.

Steve
squirrely steve

Postby squirrely steve » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:00 pm

Chipmom wrote:Hello, nice to meet you! I had a grey squirrel I saved a long time ago. It's how I fell in love with squirrels. I always liked them. But after my baby boy I fell in love.
I have a chipmunk now. She is a member of the squirrel family, and she does have a lot of squirrelly behaviorisms, she also has her own chipmunk unique behaviorisms too.
Funny how that squirrelness crosses the border.
And I love how you have experience with all those other critters.
While I did volunteer at a rehab once it was many moons ago and I enjoyed it.
I enjoy this forum with all these posts to read it's a lot!!

Hi Chipmom

Nice to Meet you.
Your Grey Baby Boy sounded like he was a sweet boy.
Chipmunks are Awesome.
I bet it is very cool to take care of one.
I hope someday I will get a new chance.
I like learning new things and ways to take care of animals.
When I take new and different animals it gives new opportunities to learn.
I use the information on all of my animals and sometimes people and kids.
Yes I too enjoy this Forum with all these posts....lots to read and Learn

Thanks
Squirrely Steve
squirrely steve

Postby squirrely steve » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:02 pm

Chipmom wrote:Lol I realized I posted a hello already it's been a long day and I'm tired so you got two hello welcomes from me, lol

Hi Chipmom

Thanks for the two hello welcomes.
Hope you got some rest.

Squirrely Steve
denisthemalice

Postby denisthemalice » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:10 pm

squirrely steve wrote:
denisthemalice wrote:I love squirrels... What do you do during winter time with them?

Hi denisthemalice

Cool Glad you love squirrels too.
I try to raise and release as many Squirrels as I can by Oct 1 here.
After Oct 1 any squirrels I have, I winter them over.
I winter them over in my rehab room attached to the farm house.
I keep the groups as small as possible so they do not fight as much.
We add lots of tree branches and try to keep them entertained.
Then around April/May when the leaves pop open we release them.
They are very ready from the long winter.

Steve

You doing a fantastic job, I love stories like this :)

Return to “INTRODUCTION”