Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

New user and new possum mom

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Cuddlefish

New user and new possum mom

Postby Cuddlefish » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:01 pm

Hello everyone! I'm so glad I stumbled across this place! I had absolutely no one to help with proper Virginia possum care, but now that I'm here, I have realized that the breeder has told me all the wrong diet and care info. So now I'm in the process of adjusting everything accordingly
minervasden

Re: New user and new possum mom

Postby minervasden » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:04 pm

Welcome to the board. It's great that we have been getting more opossum owners joining. Be sure to visit the marsupial section with any questions and to share stories and pictures of your guy or gal.
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:18 pm

Welcome to the forum! Would love to see pics of your little boy/girl. icon-smile
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
Cuddlefish

Postby Cuddlefish » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:58 pm

Ophelia is a female, she is about 14 weeks old. She is completely blind in her left eye and has a problem with the left side of her mouth drooping and drooling. She suffered a head injury at around 6-7 weeks old. She was very very skinny and super skittish when she was brought to me. I'm adjusting her diet accordingly after finding this forum (and I am so excited to have a marsupial section and also threads explaining proper diet!) And she's a fat, active and curious little girl now. I took her with me to work a few days ago and she did amazing! She only got startled a couple times because someone approached on her blind side, even then she only shied away a bit. Never gaped or hissed! She accepted super worms and roaches as treats from customers all day, and she napped in my hood or hung out on my shoulder as I walked around the pet store.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:30 pm

She's lovely. Glad she got a second chance with you. They have nice personalities.
Cuddlefish

Postby Cuddlefish » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:47 pm

She's very lucky, if she had stayed at the wildlife rehabber she would have been put down. Invasive species aren't released in my state :(
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:40 am

welcome. really glad you joined us. I love possums, hopefully, you will give us your experience with them.

yours if very adorable, and looks happy. also, thank you saving his life.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:52 pm

Adorable! I love possums, too.

I think they are one the most misunderstood mammals. Everyone is usually, "Eww! A possum! How disgusting! All they are is a big rat!!" Umm, no, they're not. Possums fill a very important role in the wild - everything from eating ticks to cleaning up carcasses.

I'd love to have one for a pet, but I'm not sure I could do it because they have such a short life expectancy. I like my furrkids to be around for a LONG time.

Anyway, good to have you here, and I (we) look forward to seeing more of Ophelia! icon-smile
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey

Return to “INTRODUCTION”