NOTICE:

THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT.
I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

IT COULD TAKE ANYWHERE FROM AN HOUR OR MORE TO A DAY. LOTS OF WORK INVOLVED IN IT.
I MIGHT CHANGE THE THEME TOO. SO IF YOU COME ON WITH A DIFFERENT LOOK, YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE....LOL

New member and new raccoon mom

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Horseygirl1313

New member and new raccoon mom

Postby Horseygirl1313 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:21 am

[list=][/list]

Hi! I'm sure thankful to have found this place .... I have a 7 week old cinnamon raccoon named Ghost... he's extra wonderful but a handful already. I have a couple questions but I'll ask in the other raccoon thread. Nothing major, just discouraging biting and encouraging him to eat food and not just his KMR milk . Aren't they fun little toots?
Ana

Re: New member and new raccoon mom

Postby Ana » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:34 am

They're the greatest, and once you make the necessary provisions for one, it just makes sense to get more...and more...and more! :lol:
Welcome, we'd love to see pics!! <3
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:40 am

Welcome.
---
Mary

http://www.livingwithanteaters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Welcome to the forum! So glad you could join!

Congrats on you're little baby, Ghost.

Discouraging biting is a hard one. Using a specially scented glove to hand play can help them associated a glove with being allowed to mouth. If they mouth otherwise, then stop what you are doing and either offer another toy or just get up and walk away for a minute. I don't have experience with coons, but I do know this can help with the foster kittens I raise.

Kitties can also be hard to wean. Try mixing the KMR with a food mash (kittens eat wet cat food or ground dry food soaked in milk or water). Make sure it is easy to eat and smells good. Warmer is better than colder. Try dipping your finger in it, pretending to eat it, dipping their nose in it, or putting a drop on their nose. Eventually they'll find out it is awesome and be wanting to eat whatever you have with you.

Experimentation is what it takes, each animal is different. : )

Best of luck!!!
Kristina

Postby Kristina » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:15 pm

Congrats!!! I'll be expecting mine in April ! I can't wait to see him !
New raccoon mom
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:32 pm

Welcome!
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula

Return to “INTRODUCTION”