NOTICE:

THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT.
I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

IT COULD TAKE ANYWHERE FROM AN HOUR OR MORE TO A DAY. LOTS OF WORK INVOLVED IN IT.
I MIGHT CHANGE THE THEME TOO. SO IF YOU COME ON WITH A DIFFERENT LOOK, YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE....LOL

Brand new member

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

squirtzilla

Brand new member

Postby squirtzilla » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:23 pm

Hi everyone,
Thank you for accepting me a a member. Sybil's Den has been a valuable resource for me and my boy Harvey for many many years. I joined the form to read all the great stories about all of your guys and gals, and continue to learn.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Brand new member

Postby Ash » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:46 pm

Well, welcome! I'm glad you finally introduced yourself. :)

Who is Harvey??

I used Sybil's Den as a resource way before I ever became a member too, but that was years ago.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
squirtzilla

Postby squirtzilla » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:59 pm

raccoon.jpg
Harvey was my raccoon I rescued 14 years ago. He was almost blind in one eye, so I could not release him, but other than that, he has no other problems and really got along with my dogs and cats. He never listened to me as well as the cats, which I found to be fascinating. He passed away this March from cancer. I miss him dearly. At some point, I and might be ready to share my heart with one again, but I think for now to pay tribute to him, I'll continue to pursue my wildlife rehab licence. This way, I'll possess the knowledge to help more animals and be there for people that come upon animals in need but don't know where to turn. Even if heartbreaking at times, the reward of helping wildlife and educating others about misunderstood animals like raccoons, opossums, and reptiles will be worth it.

I do share my home currently with a Russian tortoise, a red eared slider, 2 dogs, 3 cats, and the worlds dullest fish tank of 3 zebra danios and some sort of plecostomus. I've had in the past 2 leopard geckos from 1993 to 2011 and 2012, Bela (named because he bit my neck I think due to mating confusion), an iguana from 1992 to 2011, along with assorted pockets pets like guinea pigs, rats, mice, and hamsters, so I guess I've always had an a love for pets, both traditional and non traditional.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:18 am

Harvey looked like a sweet little guy, so sorry for your loss. :cry:

Becoming a wildlife rehabber would be neat, good luck!
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:12 pm

Welcome to the forum! So glad you could join!

I'm sorry to hear about Harvey. You gave him a wonderful life, and it is awesome you are working to become a rehabber. What better way to honor Harvey then to rescue others like him.

Hope to see you around. : )

Return to “INTRODUCTION”