Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Hey, new here!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Onyx

Hey, new here!

Postby Onyx » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:45 pm

I'm new here! I have had a love for animals ever since my first betta fish and I am becoming more and more interested in exotics. And by exotics I don't mean a ball python or parakeet. I mean foxes, civets, sharks, zebras, etc.

My dream animals include a rusty-spotted genet, black tree monitor, and a grey smooth hound shark. I am faaar from being able to obtain and care for any, but one can dream, eh? It is never too early to start learning about them either. A much more obtainable dream I have is a doberman! However, I want to wait until I am in a stable position to get any new animals.

I stumbled across this site a few times looking for information on exotics. Finally, while looking for laws around exotics in Nordic countries, I came across this site again and decided to join! This seems like a great place to get information on obtaining and caring for exotic animals.

I currently own a ball python, leopard gecko, two betta fish, and two cats. My younger sister owns a cat, my parents own a rescue pit, and my older sister owns a Boston terrier/boxer mix and two pit puppies she got from a shelter. My ball python is Wheatly, leo is Anima, betta fish are Tenebre and Mercury, cats are Pebbles, Patches, and Chaos, pit is Juelz, Boston boxer is Cali, and pit pups are Dezzy and Diamond.
    Owner of a ball python, leopard gecko, two betta fish, and two cats.

Dream Pets: Caracal, rusty-spotted genet, gray smooth hound shark, black tree
    monitor, dragon moray, doberman, Yakut laika, and Brazilian black tarantula.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hey, new here!

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:06 pm

Welcome. The more time you put into learning about them the better it goes once you can get them so it's great you are researching and waiiting till ready.

Edit: I'd like a bigger dog but have to wait myself. Having just taken on the fennec a new dog would be too much right now. The way it tends to go for me I'll have another chihuahua fall in my lap needing me at some point instead.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:53 am

welcome Onyx, we are glad you joined us.
The purpose of this message board, is to learn from each other experience.

Hope to hear more about your critters.
I have raised many different animals. My favorite are raccoons.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Onyx

Postby Onyx » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:19 pm

Thanks for the greetings!

A great way I learn is by making my own care sheets. It's fun to make, edit, and proofread the care sheets and it helps me absorb the information I come across!

Waiting to get an animal is soooo difficult! I have been wanting a doberman for years now. I'm hoping I can get on a doberman breeder's waiting list or maybe adopt one from a rescue sometime this year. Probably not since I am going to be living in an apartment for a little while. It may be another couple years before I get one. We'll see.

Ohh, raccoons are lovely! They are one of the animals I have considered for the future. I have been mostly focusing on fish, domestic dogs, and reptiles though.

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:56 pm

You sound a lot like me. :) I'm really into reptiles but also have three foxes with plans to obtain other warm-blooded species. A black tree monitor would be BEAUTIFUL. I have a nile, and sure she's got her own type of pretty, but nothing like a BTM. It would be super cool and unique to own such a magnificent lizard.

And dobermans are one of my favorite dog breeds. :) Good luck getting your pup, whenever you decide you're ready for one. Everything I've read about them seems to say that they're a challenging breed to work with, but once disciplined, very awesome, sweet dogs.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Onyx

Postby Onyx » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:15 pm

I know, black tree monitors are stunning animals! I love green and blue tree monitors as well, but BTMs are my favorite. Ohh, you have a Nile monitor? Those are stunning animals as well. A bit too large for my taste, though.

Yeah, I know pups are a lot of work, but they are among the smartest dog breeds which makes it easier for them to learn. I know they can be stubborn, but once you form a bond with them, they are very loyal dogs and want to please. Raise them well and give them plenty of mental and physical exercise and they make great companions.

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:17 pm

I'm excited for you to get your pup! :)

Don't get me started on the blue tree monitors, lol. They're just too pretty to exist.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula

Return to “INTRODUCTION”