Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Hello Mortals :3

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

TurkRoach

Hello Mortals :3

Postby TurkRoach » Wed May 31, 2017 1:15 pm

I am currently living in Turkey. will move to the U.S. for college and residence.Other than animals I also like cartoons and anime (I am really picky though), lasagna, and being a lazy slob.

Hope we can have a good time.
Peacefulward

Re: Hello Mortals :3

Postby Peacefulward » Wed May 31, 2017 1:25 pm

Welcome!
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
TurkRoach

Postby TurkRoach » Wed May 31, 2017 2:08 pm

Peacefulward wrote:Welcome!

Thanks m8
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed May 31, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi! What kinds of animals are you the most interested in?
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
TurkRoach

Postby TurkRoach » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:40 am

Ash wrote:Hi! What kinds of animals are you the most interested in?

Well... My choice of animals is just a bit too off. I like raccoon-dogs, meerkats, brush-tailed possums, warthogs, pygmy slow lorises, lemurs (ring tailed and reuffed), wallabies (bennets and yellow-footed rock), rats, poodles and select dog breeds, rats, african penguins, von der deckens hornbill, and many more...

Edit: and gila monsters, eagle owls, donkeys, some bovids (kudu, blackbuck,black and white dairy cow), and muntjac deer. I might do more edits when I remember.
Juska

Postby Juska » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:59 am

You listed rats twice, you must REALLY like rats ;) Welcome to the forum!
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
TurkRoach

Postby TurkRoach » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:56 pm

Juska wrote:You listed rats twice, you must REALLY like rats ;) Welcome to the forum!

Thanks man; for welcoming me and pointing out that redundancy

I do want to own a rat. I even convinced my mom for keeping one once I found a picture of some babies (they don't sell rats at Turkish pet shops). Then I realized that I only have one or two years before I leave Turkey, so I gave up upon it. I hope I stay in a dorm where I can keep a rat.
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:47 am

If/when you do get a rat, please get two of the same sex. Rats are very social animals and having two will help both of them grow up to be well-adjusted, behaviorally. They will be very happy with a friend :) I had three male rats years ago, and I loved them very much.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
TurkRoach

Postby TurkRoach » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:57 am

Juska wrote:If/when you do get a rat, please get two of the same sex. Rats are very social animals and having two will help both of them grow up to be well-adjusted, behaviorally. They will be very happy with a friend :) I had three male rats years ago, and I loved them very much.

Can't I be my rat's best friend?
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:18 am

It's not so much about that but the fact that by their nature they are social animals. They just do better in pairs or groups. They can become depressed, anxious and aggressive if kept by themselves. Doesn't matter how much time you spend with them; there are some things a rat cannot get from human interaction, that they get with other rats.
TurkRoach

Postby TurkRoach » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Juska wrote:It's not so much about that but the fact that by their nature they are social animals. They just do better in pairs or groups. They can become depressed, anxious and aggressive if kept by themselves. Doesn't matter how much time you spend with them; there are some things a rat cannot get from human interaction, that they get with other rats.

What about another social animal such as a degu?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:12 pm

They speak different languages and have different behaviors so it's still not ideal. They should have a companion of their own kind.
TurkRoach

Postby TurkRoach » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:25 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:They speak different languages and have different behaviors so it's still not ideal. They should have a companion of their own kind.

I did say degu because both rats and degus are small rodents, but I get your point. A rat is a rat, and a degu is a degu. The logic I used to propose keeping a rat with a degu over similarities is no different than the logic legislators use to ban at least canines, felines and primates.

Edit: I should be ashamed of myself for using the logic of the ones I criticize.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:55 pm

I understand and I thought the same myself at one point and got a degu thinking I could introduce him to my super mellow bun who loved everyone and just wanted them to groom him. I wound up returning him and being ashamed of myself. Degu are like prairie dogs and have a language and social system all their own. You are not getting a bottle raised animal so it remembers it's family and their language and social structure and will miss all of that. The degu kept calling out for his family :(

Now maybe if you bought a young feeder rat and bottle raised it then you could keep it alone but you'd need to spend TONS of time with it. Bearing in mind when most people try that they don't survive. But I know someone rescued a wild norway rat and bottle fed him(and his sister but she didn't make it) and getting him a companion failed and he was bottle raised and seems to be doing fine. Doing this you become their family though and their family is normally there all the time. It winds up being much better and easier for all just to have a couple instead of just one.
Lara

Postby Lara » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:45 am

If you looked into shelters and rescues, occasionally there will be male rats who are rat aggressive and can't be kept with other bucks, but otherwise, it's best for their health to keep them in groups. It really isn't any harder to keep multiple though, and it's so much fun to watch them play together (:

Return to “INTRODUCTION”