NOTICE:

THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT.
I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

IT COULD TAKE ANYWHERE FROM AN HOUR OR MORE TO A DAY. LOTS OF WORK INVOLVED IN IT.
I MIGHT CHANGE THE THEME TOO. SO IF YOU COME ON WITH A DIFFERENT LOOK, YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE....LOL

Hello!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Lara

Hello!

Postby Lara » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:42 am

Hello! My name's Lara! I am mostly joining just to learn about animals in general. I have had a pet red fox in the past, as well as a rabbit, and a few other non-excotic pets. I am getting two or three female rats later this summer and fall, which I am super excited about. I also am eventually planning on getting a tank of red cherry shrimp for my desk. I do a lot of desk work, and it would be much more bearable if I could watch shrimp instead of actually doing work :icon-wink:
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello!

Postby Ash » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:47 am

Hey! Welcome to the forum. :) Rats sound like a good choice for your lifestyle. We had five growing up, and we'd close them in the computer room with us with the cords protected. They were the funnest pets.

Haha, I'd take watching shrimp than working any day, lol.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Lara

Postby Lara » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:18 am

Yeah, I think rats will work well, and it will be nice to have some pets who are affectionate. It's been a while since I've had a friendly pet, and our current Holland lop isn't the sweetest little girl. She is adorable though!

Do you think there is any demand for shrimp pet sitters? That would be a great job :P
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:58 am

Welcome to Sybils, it will be nice to have another rat owner here :) I had three boys in the past, they were great. The boys are usually more willing to sit and hang out with you, but girls can be sweet and affectionate too!
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:55 pm

Welcome to the forum! So glad you could join!

Sounds like some great choices. Rats are a lot of fun and very friendly. And any aquarium makes life better. : )
Lara

Postby Lara » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:32 pm

Thank you all for the welcome!

Juska wrote:Welcome to Sybils, it will be nice to have another rat owner here :) I had three boys in the past, they were great. The boys are usually more willing to sit and hang out with you, but girls can be sweet and affectionate too!

That's what I've heard. By friendly, I mean more willing to reciprocate attention, which is less than my bunny has wanted to do lately :roll:. I need to get her spayed soon though, so that will probably clear up most of her aggression.
LayRong

Postby LayRong » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:19 am

Hey! Welcome to the forum. :) Rats sound like a good choice for your lifestyle. We had five growing up, and we'd close them in the computer room with us with the cords protected. They were the funnest pets.

Return to “INTRODUCTION”