PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

New raccoon parents need help!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Perkcb

New raccoon parents need help!

Postby Perkcb » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:42 pm

Our sweet cuddly boy has recently started acting aggressive towards us! He is 10 months old and acts like he wants to play and love but when he starts playing it’s like something takes him over and he’s starts trying to bite us. He is only aggressive towards one of us at a time this week it has been me and last week my husband. He is scheduled to get fixed in about two weeks, we are hoping that will help our situation!! He is not kept in a cage, he has a whole room to himself with lots of things to entertain him while we are working or sleeping and when we are home we normally let him roam the house freely and he use to just follow me around or want to be carried. Has anyone else had issues like this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New raccoon parents need help!

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:12 am

It's breeding season. He should have been fixed in the fall. It will take time even after fixed for all the hormones to leave his system.
Perkcb

Postby Perkcb » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:25 am

Yes, it took me a while to find a vet to do it. He is not from a breeder so it made it difficult...but late is better than never, right? thank you for your reply it makes me feel a lot better that after he is neutered he will be my sweet momma’s boy again! Patience is key, I know it takes time for the hormones to subside
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:33 pm

Perkcb wrote:Yes, it took me a while to find a vet to do it. He is not from a breeder so it made it difficult...but late is better than never, right? thank you for your reply it makes me feel a lot better that after he is neutered he will be my sweet momma’s boy again! Patience is key, I know it takes time for the hormones to subside

getting him fixed will help. however, at 10 months old, it will take a while for his brain to catch up with the neuter.
thats why it is best to get them fixed no latter than December.

I agree with you "better late than never"

keep us updated in the raccoon forum.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
catlover1019

Postby catlover1019 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:18 pm

Do you have any updates?

Return to “INTRODUCTION”