ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Hi, Hi o/

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

DivineHime

Hi, Hi o/

Postby DivineHime » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:15 pm

So I found this forum awhile back when I started looking into info about fennecs. I fell in love with the adorable little guys and I'm looking to own one. However there's a few small problems.

First off I don't like going into something without knowing what I'm getting myself into. That being said any info regarding their care is greatly appreciated. I do know they can't be treated like a normal cat or dog. They can be pretty mischievous and they really like to dig from what I read. I'm also fully aware that they're a huge investment and I'm ready to put forth the effort needed for caring for them.

Secondly, I currently live in PA which from all the posts I read on here is huge mess of conflicting laws and different information. I actually just got off the phone with the PGC and was told Fennecs are indeed legal here with an exotic possession permit. But that comes with the 2 year requirement and living near Wilkes Barre, PA is a far cry from coming anywhere near the experience needed, let alone seeing one.

As of right now I just wanna gather information, so I can properly own a fennec without getting way over my head. As well as putting the fennec itself through unnecessary stress. The only other issue I can think of is that I work full time 2pm-10pm and I'm not sure if that would be an issue. Thanks for any information.

Ps: Sorry if this is in the wrong spot really wasn't to sure where to put it o///o

-Divine
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi, Hi o/

Postby Ash » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:40 pm

Hello, and welcome. :) We're glad to have you here.

TamanduaGirl's website has a LOT of great info. Especially when it comes to caging and diets. http://tiny-foxes.com/?i=1

But if you have questions specifically about fennec care, you can post about them in the fox forum and we'll help you out. I don't own a fennec, but I do have reds.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
DivineHime

Postby DivineHime » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:25 pm

Alright thanks, any place to start gathering more information is appreciated. I'll post again if i got any more questions o/
SneakyT

Postby SneakyT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:47 am

Hi there! I'm a newbie here too :)
TerryK

Postby TerryK » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:15 am

Hi guys!
I'm also a newbie.
Nice to meet you)
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:08 pm

Welcome, you two. :) It's great to have you both here.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas

Return to “INTRODUCTION”